The Horse Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Banned
1,901 Posts
I second Lobelia's question.....why do you NEED a horse? You aren't Amish (you're on the internet) so you can drive a car to get anywhere a horse would take you.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Wow. I just read this whole thread and I have to agree with all the people telling you you DON'T NEED a horse. You want a horse very very much but your not going to drop dead if you don't get one, you are living right now aren't you? Unless I was mistaken and dead people can post stuff on the internet. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm 15 and even though I'm young like you I know I don't need a horse. I'm lucky enough to have 2 of my own that I keep at home but I work my *** off to keep them. I work from 6am to 5 pm on Saturdays so that this summer I can show them. I'm proud of you for thinking past the I want the horse stage and actually thinking about feed and stuff but you need to take another look at it all.

You probably shouldn't buy a horse. Save up your money and wait till next summer. Your not gonna make $4000 by July. It just ain't gonna happen. Especially because you have something called school.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
i know that equiniphile but if she didn't want our opinions she shouldn't have posted at all. its only natural for people who've had horses in their lives for a long time to help and what we're giving is criticism

·
Registered
10,490 Posts
i know that equiniphile but if she didn't want our opinions she shouldn't have posted at all. its only natural for people who've had horses in their lives for a long time to help and what we're giving is criticism
I've had horses my whole life and, as she'll be boarding at my house, I can help her with most anything horse-related. Given, I can't retrain a kicking, biting Clydesdale (I'm only 13 and am not allowed to try and retrain him....he was one of our worst purchases), but granted, she won't be buying a green, untrained Clydesdale. Sam, next time start a thread only if you have a question ;)

41 - 47 of 47 Posts