• confront my trainer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • continue with what I'm currently doing

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
I've just broken a professional equine relationship. It is gut-wrenching, because a friendship was evolving. But the results have been so below my "standards" that I couldn't endure it any longer and so I had to "suck it up" and make the painful move. I have doubts about breaking this relationship, but it is one that involves essential care for my horse and daily, I grew more dissatisfied and worried. Deep down I have the confidence to carry on alone, but the act of severing the connection is very painful. I knew I had to act before the friendship became too cemented, as happened with my last professional of twenty five years. As the situation declined I deferred ending it because "he was such a nice guy", until I finally made a cowardly exit.

You have to do what you know is right. If we here on the forum can help give you the fortitude to take your positive step, then we have done our job as a community. You are the only one that can decide to move ahead.

Best of luck.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Thank you so much, this is why I love this community 😭. And I feel like it might be to late she is a close friend of mine, which will make it so much harder to tell her I want to move yards 😓. And I feel like moving yards is what is right but I just feel nervous to tell her because I've known her for a lot a lot of years.
It's probably one of the worst feelings in the world, parting ways with a friend. But it might be worse, living with an untenable situation. You'll make the right choice!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts