• continue with what I'm currently doing

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
I'm going to be blunt also.

You don't own any horses.

You share time and ride someone else's animals and have no real ownership that can be proven. If you chose to attempt to change barns/trainers you'll realize exactly how much control of this situation you really have. I'm sorry to put this in such rude terms but we have all seen circumstances like these before and they always end with a lot of tears and hurt feelings because nothing was put in legal terms so things are very hazy and uncertain between two parties. You need a written, signed bill of sale and a formal agreement before you can do anything. Sorry to be so rude but these situations are common and almost always end badly. Sorry.

Reactions: Linoone

·
Registered
277 Posts
No I know, and I know your not trying to be rude your just stating facts. I know and I don't want to switch barns/trainers but I just feel like for the time I've been riding I'm behind everyone else at my age/ for the time riding. And I know I should get a bill of sale but I don't know how to ask my trainer for that I feel like shed refuse or something.
Well, if she'd refuse a piece of paper (bill of sale), she'll refuse to let you take a horse.

If your trainer isn't moving you forward, I'd be compelled to ask what to do the improve. Exactly, what do I need to work on? I'm retired now but I spent years training people as a profession and each person I worked with was instructed in what was accomplished and what were remaining issues as part of a almost daily review. "You can't hit the target if you don't know what you're aiming at."

1 - 2 of 2 Posts