• confront my trainer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • continue with what I'm currently doing

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
I feel you 😭 I was at my last lessons for a year and my trainer kept saying “when the weather clears up” “when the ground is dry” 😐 after a year of excuses I got sick of it and leased a horse, in my last couple of lessons I asked if I could learn the basics of canter. I spent my last lessons walking.
When I was there, there was a girl who had been there for 7 years and still not cantering, the teacher even put her on a horse far beyond her ability (an ex pacer who still paces)
Get out as soon as you can, if not you are just going to spend the next (who knows) not doing what you want

Have you paid for either of the horses?

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have invested alot of time (over 1 year) and hundreds of dollars into one for her feet, and the other we had a agreement where I help train her and she will be part mine witch I have been training her for many months.
Unless you have formally paid for them, have a part ownership contract or any receipts, legally there’s not a lot you can do. Unless she is offered for full sale and you are in a position to buy her.
Chipping in for vet bills does not constitute part ownership

·
Registered
76 Posts
Its more than vet bills, its very complicated to explain without me sounding spoiled. Basically had no time for her and was neglecting her and gave her to me, and there's also a form of contract so yea
What exactly is the contract? If it’s not an actual legally binding document it means nothing
Time and effort and rehabilitation to an animal doesn’t make it yours, as much as I hate it. If it was that way I’d have a million animals

·
Registered
76 Posts
yes but like I said before the horse I fully own was neglected and ignored for a long time so she gave her to me because she doesn't have time for her, and the other one we have a verbal contract, I know most people think that a verbal contract isn't the best but its been working for us, and I don't want to just leave her because she is my heart horse
If she is fine about giving you a horse, you need a bill of sale and a real contract. Unfortunately people can be nasty, she could turn around and deny ever saying anything and take her horses back. If it’s written down, signed and dated then there is nothing she can do about it. Please get a contract, if she’s happy enough to give you a horse she will be happy enough to sign a contract.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts