The Horse Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I definitely hadn't planned on this, but today I went to pull Kainne's mane and I always cut it first with thinning shears so I started cutting it the length I usually pull it to (pretty short so there's a lot of room to grow and I can be lazy since he's not showing anyway) and wasn't really paying attention and without noticing was working my way up..until I realized I had angled wrong and started cutting it WAY too short and it looked a little silly..:oops: but when I took a step back I realized he could actually pull off a roach, and hey, I've been wanting to try roaching a mane for awhile.

I didn't think he could pull it off but I've got to say I'm liking how it looks!
I do plan to grow it back out to normal pulled length though, I just figured since it was so short I might as well do it.
Here's the man himself sporting his new look:
(excuse if it looks a little weird, I had put micro tek in it because he was kind of itchy)

Before:

Now:

Also he may look a little impatient..it was dinner time and he was getting a little annoyed, haha

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hmm, in hindsight this probably should have gone in pictures..

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Aww, I like his mane before it was roached, but he's quite handsome so he can pull it off!
Yeah, I definitely like it more too..but I quite like this too!
It's sort of just been an interesting thing to try, probably won't do it again xD

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
He looks awesome!
He looks very similar to my gelding that I've been wanting to roach but can't bring myself to do it. Seeing these gives me a little more reason to go for it :)

·
Registered
107 Posts
I do that to my mom's mare all the time. I love the look of a roached mane. It shows off the arch of their neck more. He looks very handsome!

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everybody! =D
And Kainne thanks you too, haha

1 - 10 of 10 Posts