The Horse Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thot of sharing my Spruce Meadows Masters Experaince, I went this year!

I got to see:

Beezie Madden, and lucked out on seeing her retire the famouse JUDGEMENT! That brught tears to everyones eyes

Ian Miller! That was just amazing!

Eric Lamaze :)

Pessoa! My idol! lol

I cant remeber who else cause it was just amazing but I have some pictures.

It was a must see event!

I got to see them pretty darn up close to!

ENjoy.

The one of me in front of the jump was the high bar! witch yet again Ian Miller proved himself to the horse world! It was beautiful!

The 6 bar got to be 7'2

Attachments

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
thats so cool !! & those jumps are HUGE !

·
Registered
8,220 Posts
What a great experience you got to have! I have 2 friends who work at Spruce Meadows as Grooms/Handlers/Exercisers. I love it there!

I love Beezie Madden, what a phenominal rider and a GP rider for us Lower Level's to look up to!

Ian Millar, he is my Idol. I got to ride in a Clinic under him eons ago. He was the one who taught me how important dressage is for jumpers and he is the one who taught me Jumping Is Dressage With Speed Bumps.

Great pictures!!!! I have never been to Spruce Meadows, but grew up watching every single program they had on the telly. I have tapes galore with recordings of Spruce comps - even when Ian was still riding Big Ben.

Sheesh, looking at those fences, sure does make me realize how small the fences that I am jumping are. lol. Could you imagine approaching one of those monsters??? Nuh huh...

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Holey crap. Very scarry. I was at a jimmy wofford clinic a few year ago, auditing. He was saying how jumps are going lower, but are alot trickier (not just a straight point and go) then before.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I met Ian Miller when I was 11 at Spruce Meadows. I was like a squeeling little fan girl. I love watching the big names live. Such an experience.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Oh wow! Wish I could have seen that!
I'm so nervous looking at those jumps lol.
I can't jump higher than 80cm without freaking out :lol:

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I watched the high-bar on TV. I'm not really a fan of high-bar but Ashlee Bond's horse was amazing. I swear one day when I'm rich, I will buy him. I forgot his name though :( Was it like Chivas Z or something?

·
Registered
114 Posts
I love Beezie. I saw her ride in a finals last year and she fell off. Sometimes its nice to see that even the best of the best still have to work.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes there were a few very nasty falls, A horse had to be taken off the arena grounds after landing wrong coming off a jump. Meridith, one of the top riders in Germany had a scary fall. I only really stayed in the international ring for the 3 days we were there. Got there Just in time for the high bar. I love it all, okay excpet the falls. Did anyone see the horse who refused to come in the in gate? just had a complete melt down, all caught on film and the rider IDK WHO. just stuck there and when he calmed down he got off led him out and got back on like no prob. lol

·
Registered
209 Posts
Awesome! I'd love to go to Spruce Meadows some day. I was lucky enough to go to the Royal Agricultural Winter Fair this year though. It was AMAZING I got to watch some of the indoor eventing with riders like Karl Slezak and Penny Rowland and an International Show Jumping Competition with some big names like: Ian Millar, Amy Millar, Beth Underhill, Jill Henselwood, Mac Cone, Michael Whitaker, Nick Skelton, Gerco Schroder among others. My camera is crummy so I took video's of everything and made a little music video of it

1 - 19 of 19 Posts