The Horse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got to have one of THE most ugliest appendix horses ever... Is there anyone else with an Appendix that isn't over fifteen hands? Cricket is almost a pony. Luckily I'm short ;)

I want to see your appendix horses. Appendix's in western, for extra points.

We just started riding again, so hopefully I'll have some pictures of us riding soon.

·
Registered
107 Posts
My baby. I don't have many photos of him casual just yet. I'll be getting a camera soon.

This was his first time tacked up western and only his second time in a saddle ever. He was in the middle of eating and I was off to the side clicking to get his attention. :D

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
What does "appendix" mean? a cross?
Iv rode one but forgot to ask the owner what it meant...He looked like a TB/cross?

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He's handsome, Marissa! He looks, from the pictures I can see, more Quarter horse? Cricket is more Tb. Dainty little thing. He looks very handsome. Lucky girl =)

Anyone else?

·
Registered
359 Posts
i've always thought an appendix could be a QHxTB QHxSH or QHxPaint
??

·
Registered
359 Posts
may be different with different registries tough American and aus... not sure though

·
Registered
201 Posts
This Appendix was my first horse, and the most psyco animal I have ever been near... After he tried to kill me the fourth or fifth time (I lost count it happened so often) and tried to kill my dog, he had to go... The worst part was, he was a puppy dog with ground work, just nuts under saddle...

I'm just glad he has a new home were he is loved and well cared for and has found a rider he trusts and will work for...

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
Bentley

Here is my new guy "Bentley". His registered name is Sweet Slippery Sloap. He has some really cool Thoroughbred lines in him.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
i've always thought an appendix could be a QHxTB QHxSH or QHxPaint
??
As far as I know an appendix is a tb x qh. A qh x paint would be a paint. Not sure what a SH is...

Anyway, here is my appendix. She doesn't really have much Thoroughbred in her, is race bred on top and barrel bred on the bottom.

bad picture, but going western!

and going english, which we both prefer.

·
Registered
697 Posts
I have two, Sonny and Sky. Sonny is 15.2hh and Sky is 16.1hh. They are complete opposites of each other. Sonny is ready, willing, and very respectable, though he is a little stand offish. Sky is lazy and has a "what's in it for me", "is there food" attitude. He craves attention and loves to be with people. You can really see the Thoroughbred in Sonny and the Quarter Horse in Sky (besides his height). The 1st horse is Sonny and the 2nd is Sky

Attachments

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I owned this mare for about 7 years. Very competitive barrel horse but also trained in dressage. She barely made 15 hands.

Wow! She is gorgeous!!

·
Registered
325 Posts
This is my 11yo Appendix Earsy Jet. I got him about 5 months ago at an auction. He's about 15.5 hh.

Attachments

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Still standin, Your mare is gorgeous! Glad to see some short Appendixes. Gorgeous horses, guys!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts