The Horse Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello :)

I know there are some really beautiful artists out there that are sketching pictures for people. If you recieved a picture from a user or other person that you love, but isn't colored, this is the place to get it done!!

This is Digital Art. I use a Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch tablet, along with a few different painting softwares to color with. I can draw, but It sucks, so I won't go there :p I do LOVE to color though :D

First of all, you simply post the picture here. The pictures must be black and white. They don't have to be in Lineart form, though it is helpful if they are. They can just be sketches.
If there is drastic shading involved in the sketch, bear in mind it will take longer for me to complete!! That said, on average I can do 1 drastic shaded piece a day, or maybe 2 or 3 basic sketches a day.
I can do a background or no background, if you want one, just say what kind :)
There are 2 diff. kinds of backgrounds.

1- Landscape :-
This is probably the most known. Consists of a simple background really! Fencing, fields, flowers, mountains, just scenes you would find if you looked outside.

2:- Abstract
This type is my favorite, and also more simple and less tedious. IMO, it gives a colored piece a certain mood, and feel. I will have examples of this. Unfortunatly, I don't have any examples of the Landscape feature.

Just specify which you would like, or even no background at all, if you so choose!!
Keep in mind if you got a sketch from a user on here, I have to ask them to use it before I can start. I will let you know when I ask, and when I get a response :) If you are going to ask directly for a picture to do this, ask that the artist put a copyright on the sketch. If you already have the pic and there is no copyright, that is fine but I will have to put a credit directly on the page. Sorry about this, but it's the law, and I have to follow it.

Here are a few examples of my work :) Keep in mind that I DID NOT DRAW ANY OF THESE! Just colored them!

^ This one is REALLY crappy!! It's one of my oldest!

Yeah, I love doing wolves too :3

Thank You!!

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just Another Example :) I did this today, so this is my most recent work -

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, a few different ones ... I modify the sketch to a lineart in Photoshop Elements, color in GIMP, convert in iPiccy, and get the finishing touches in on SAI, because I'm still learning how to use it :p

·
Registered
8,167 Posts
Im not too sure that some of the amazing artists on here would like their sketches "modified" By another person. I know I wouldn't at all. You should really ask permission the the artist before you "colour/Modify" the, :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts