The Horse Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Angel is having issues with arthritis in her hip. Just had the vet out and we are putting her on some medicine, but the vet said that icing would also help. I know they make ice wraps for almost every part of a horses body, but I'm not seeing anything for or that really could be used for hips. So I was wondering if anyone had any ideas?

·
Registered
9,599 Posts
Reactions: KigerQueen

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1. Hold or duct tape a bag of frozen peas on the hip for 20 minutes.

2. I used Led Light Therapy on my horse. According to "Gospel"...Equine Light Therapy®-Canine Light TherapyWelcome to Affordable Light Therapy for Horses and Dogs!

I bought the small pad, because it was all I could afford, duct taped it to his hip and let him eat hay in his stall for 20 minutes, while he was wired up. it provides heat which may work better for your horse once the weather turns cold:)
Thank you for the reply. The almighty duct tape sounds like it will be the answer yet again. I haven't been able to find anything else that would work for icing a hip. As for the Light Therapy I might have to give that a try, after my bank account recovers a bit from the vet :lol:

Did you find that the Light Therapy worked for your horse?

Reactions: walkinthewalk

·
Registered
9,599 Posts
Did you find that the Light Therapy worked for your horse?
It worked on the horse I originally bought it for.

I tried it on another horse with an old sacrum injury and he wouldn't tolerate it. I ended up buying him a Back On Track half pad.

A chiropractor worked on both of them; she is very good at deep tissue massage.:smile:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts