The Horse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! A while back I started a thread called "I need practise!", but I never got around to drawing everybody's horses. Anyways, I thought it would be nice to start fresh with new requests and photos.

Basically I enjoy drawing, but only when I'm in the mood for it. I really, really need practice (and a bit of self discipline .. I tend to procrastinate! Heh) drawing from references, so I was thinking I could draw your horses for you.

There are a couple things (**PLEASE READ**)
  • I can't promise I'll finish it very quickly. Like I said, I can only draw when I'm in the mood for it or else my art turns out like crap.
  • Only post ONE picture, please! I am dead serious about this. I want to keep this thread as organized as possible.
  • I'd appreciate it if the picture you choose is sharply focused and as large as possible. Or, preferably, you could post a smaller version and a link to the larger one.
  • This is not necessarily a firt-come-first-served type of thing. I will get to your picture eventually, I promise! :) But I might do somebody else's first, depending on what I'm in the mood for.
Feel free to post interesting angles, markings, etc.! I'm up for the challenge, but I can't guarantee it'll turn out well. Heh x)

Okaayy, now onto my most recent (and extremely crappy) example! This was one I did for a Horseforum member a few months ago.

Thanks for reading!
~azarni

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I sure can! :)
I'm starting it right now, hopefully I'll have it finished by late tomorrow. Oh, by the way, I forgot to add that I can do them in either colour or black and white. Which would you prefer?

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
**EDIT**

I can do either black/white or full colour (pencil crayon)! Please specify which you'd prefer. Thanks :)

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
equiniphile, yours is coming along well. I'm about 25% done :) I really like how it's turning out! I decided to shade with pencil.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Dream

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
Could you do one of my Romeo please?
(Can you do it in pencil?)

Thank you!

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for posting, guys! :)

equiniphile, I'm about 40% done now. I absolutely love it so far! I hope you like it too.

paintluver, d'you want Romeo stepping over the pole like in the photo, or just him?

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1dog - sure, I can do it in colour! That will definately be a challenging picture for me :)

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
equiniphile, yours is done! I'm soo~ happy with this. It's the best horse drawing I've ever done. There are a few things wrong proportionally, but I still really like it. I hope you like it too! :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Ive always wondered how well my guy would look in art, ive considered getting him painted when I can get a decent picture of him. Heres a kind of interesting one...ignore the proof! haha. It was from a handy hunter class, sort of neat with the gate and all. Feel free to draw the stirrups run up, we debated for a good 20 minutes what would be the best thing to do with them. Also, im SO emberassed he doesnt have his fake tail in! Anywho, here is it.

just had to put this in there, this is how hes usually presented:wink:

·
Registered
798 Posts
Heres my Bella if your intrested :D. this isn't my fav pic but it is a cool angle :D. Umm, color if possible but pencil willl work too

Attachments

1 - 20 of 52 Posts