The Horse Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had an idea while looking at a recently posted thread(which consequently was written net speak, grrr...).

I don't remember if we have to agree to a terms of use before we can join the forum or not, but if we don't we need to.And even if we do a BIG part of it, since it is such a problem, should be about net speak.

taht way wen a poster desidez dey wunt ta pos wit net spk der booty cn b banned cuz dey red n sind da kontrakt n r not fulfinnin wat dey agred 2!

Or there could be a pop up that they have to agree to before they post their first post that way they cannot say that they did not know it was not allowed.

·
Registered
18,791 Posts
Hi Honeysuga,

New members receive a pm with a link to the forum rules. I was actually just thinking this morning that members with fewer than 10 posts or so should see a small box with our most important rules, and a link to the full set of rules, above the areas where they type posts. This would ensure that they are aware of what is expected of them from the outset. We will likely get this implemented soon.

Thanks for the suggestion!

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is a great idea.

Thanks for reading my suggestion!

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
New suggestion!

Maybe we could also have a little icon on the posts of first timers(or for like the first however many days that they are members), so we know that they are new(Because I am guilty of not looking at avatars to see how long someone has been on here and being a little grouchy with their posts...) and can cut them a little slack. I see a lot of newer members posting on here the first few times and getting slammed because they do not yet have a handle on how this forum really works and other posters react to certain subjects or ideas.... Just an idea.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
whats net speak? Is it like slang/shortended words like. u, ur, dey, bt, wld, cld.

^^ if so great suggestion. Sometimes i get a bit carried away and do the odd words but i dont do the full sentences. :)

Great idea:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts