The Horse Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do you think would be the ideal driving horse for you,i love the friesian but i dont like the height so mine would be the friesianx pony trotter or crossed with a native pony about 14.2hh coal black and plenty of action i,d feel like a lord flashing him

·
Registered
235 Posts
i love fell ponies too- but i think a freisan crossed with a cob would be ideal to me- a comfortable ride, good temperment with a little fire, feathering but not too much,( not to the point of reminding me of a poodle) about 14.2 - 15h. and predominately black. hmm reminds me of someone i have already!

·
Registered
6,082 Posts
what do you think would be the ideal driving horse for you,i love the friesian but i dont like the height so mine would be the friesianx pony trotter or crossed with a native pony about 14.2hh coal black and plenty of action i,d feel like a lord flashing him
Jimmy,
I have a friesian cross who will mature about 15.1
I also do not like a large horse
I would add a pic if I knew how.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Any, as long as it's like my school horse Camy :D
Calm, good for everything!

·
Registered
968 Posts
I love the draft breeds for driving... but I want a multi-use horse - for trail riding - and therefore prefer smaller horses.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Old Horseman

The ideal driver is calm, consistent, doesn't shy at things or noises, goes on a loose rein, has feet of iron and doesn't need shoes, never gets sick and stays fat on straw. What color it is should be at the bottom of the list.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
A shetland would be my ideal driving horse :p

But I like riding too so my icelandic colt will probably be great when he's trained ;)

Big horses and carriages makes me insecure, I rather ride them..

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thats good I guess I could have written it out better. They are a awesome team never had a team that would respond to just gee and haa before no pulling on the lines or anything. They are a pleasure to drive and look good.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts