The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told when I bought my horse from auction (you all probably hate auctions right?) he was a registered quarter horse but I didn't get any info or papers with him other than coggins. Is there any way to find out if he is registered without ANY information, or to register him on my own? He is also a buckskin tobiano, I've heard of dual registration as a QH and Paint. Again, is it possible to register as a paint without that same information? I've heard about genetic testing, could that be used to prove the horse's breed and be used to register? Sorry if these are idiotic questions..

& a picture just because:

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
First off, he's tobiano so there is no way he is a registered AQHA. Tobiano never has been not ever will be an accepted pattern of the AQHA.

Second, to register APHA you need to know sire, dam, breeding dates etc. there is no way to randomly test DNA to find out who his parents are and if they are registered APHA or if he himself is registered with the APHA. To test DNA you have to know samples for them to test against. They will not randomly test DNA samples.

Your best bet for papers is the PtHA. They accept unknown breeding and it opens up more breed show type opportunities if that is your interest. http://www.pinto.org
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Nice looking horse!
Enjoy him!!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.