The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So about a year ago I got a "TB" 21/2 year old mare. I love her, but She is pretty small... about 15.0 in the shoulders, and 15.2 in the hind end. I know she still has a bit to grow (hope so) but the owner before me said she was bred to race... she is so small I have a feeling she isnt full TB... like has some sort of pony breed in her maybe? They said she is regesterd but thru the last 4 owners they werent able to get ahold of the papers.. all I know is the 8 months beofre I baught her she was ina stall with no turnout, and before that she was on pasture since she was weaned off her mother. I am courius to see what you all think of her breed. Hope some of these pictures help. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
344 Posts
Just because she's small doesn't mean she isn't a full TB. I have a TB mare that is JUST at 15hh. She is purebred because I have her papers and her jockey card, although she never raced. Looks like a TB to me.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
She looks full TB to me. I've met many 15h TBs too.

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
Yep full tb, my old tb mare was JUST 15hh. She was registered with papers, had racing records and I even saw her race once.
You can get some really small tb's, I've seen them at 14.2hh before. To me she definately looks like a full tb.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Also don't forget that many horses can and do grow up until age 7. 15 hands isn't a bad size for a 2 year old, to be honest.

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
My mare Demi is very small (15hh on a tall day) and is 100% TB. If you want a size comparison, you can see pics in my virtual barn under "Nancy Drew"

I think she's full TB.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.