The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:)Hi guys, i have had a few people ask me recently what is the difference between cheap leather products and expensive products and tonight there is a programme on called blood sweat and luxuries, this will show you how the cheap leather is made and you will see the drum tanning technique which weakens the fibres and why you get it cheap :eek:.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not sure who watched it, but it broke my heart to see the way the animals were killed and how the workers were treated. I work with leather every day and it has made me apprtiate how lucky i am to be able to work with such a product and knowing that the leather i use is made in completly different way. But it brakes my heart to see what happens over seas!!! The worst part of it, is it is the big companies who will not pay for these people who workso hard to have a better standerd o life and for the animals to be treated better. But then if we don't buy these products then what do those people do who rely on that work just to eat. Shocking but interesting. What did others think?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.