The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am extremely well-versed in the psychology of dogs and cats, and could talk at length about that. :lol: however, I am lacking in some knowledge about human/horse interaction. Any advice or recommendations would be appreciated.

So, forum folks, how do you all personally discipline your horses? What sort of behavior incurs what sort of discipline, and do you find your methods effective?
Going along with this, I have heard people mention dominance games... I think, in my mind, that I am projecting myself with assertive but calm energy, but is there something more I should be doing? What does it really take to show a horse I am boss?

Thanks for taking time to answer my questions. :)

·
Registered
153 Posts
I feel there's a big difference between correction and punishment. What exactly is your horse doing that needs correcting? It's too broad of a subject stated as such. Just something to think about - everyone knows that saying about showing a horse who's boss, but... generally you are showing them, just that you may be showing them it isn't you. So, you really have to be aware of what your horse's response is to what you're doing. ;D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.