The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen on here some people who constantly start threads in the critique section ask for critique on something get advice and then get very defensive over some things that are meant to be helpful not hurtful.
The same person would then come back and start a new thread with new pictures and whatever else and ask for critique again and when people reply they are posting the same things as before in the other threads that a person has started. Which clearly shows that people ask for critique don't take it and ask for more. I am not pointing this at any one person just something I have noticed. I am not trying to start a fight but if you can' take critique don't post in this section like if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen.
I like to keep an open mind and will start threads in here every now and again and I will take the advice given to me because everyone that replies to critique threads are usually just trying to be helpful and are not trying to put anyone down.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I agree, people can get defensive and rude over silly things

·
Registered
15 Posts
You're very right. If someone gives you their opinion, its just what they think and there is no need to take it personally, or make a big deal out of what they think. Makes you look silly, imo.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
O, and one more thing to add...some people need to think about other peoples feelings,before they post it:)

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
I agree!

·
Registered
957 Posts
You get what you ask for on this thread. If you just want "nicey-nice" comments on photos that you have posted of your horse or your riding, then you should just post it in horse chat or the photo section. Critique is meant as constructive critisism; most of the members on this forum strive to be helpful and give good compliments as well as constructive ones. I just hope people remember this :D

·
Banned
5,526 Posts
Probably why you don't see me in this section. I have better things to do than waste my time where it is not appreciated.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Which is sad that you would not be appreciated in this section because you give great advice from what I have seen of your posts Spyder

·
Banned
1,390 Posts
I agree, but that is not why most people get upset. Why they get upset is when people come over and just say it plan rudely, ex: her head is big, throatlatch thick, looks cow hocked, no muscle, and she is fat, and with a straight shoulder; instead of: Her head isn't very feminine, but it's cute! Her throatlatch is a bit thick and from the pictures, she might be cowhocked. She definatly needs to be worked out more, and he shoulder is straight, but that is all fine based on what you want to do with her! She has a very sweet look in her eyes and look like a joy to ride!
NOW, which would you rather have posted on you critique thread? #2? Thought so. :)

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I see your point thunderhooves but I have seen people getting upset in critique threads that have nothing to do with conformation shots and such to do with dressage and jumping and other things like that.

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Spyder feel free to comment when I post on here! My coach just left for Florida!

I agree some people get very argumentative and make up some wonderful excuses as to why I shouldn't have been picking on whatever. You just say "Thank you" and go on in your day if you don't like what someones said. You asked for the advice! If it was unsolicited, that's a different story.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Exactly anebel if someone asks for advice they are given it and then sometimes not all the time the person who asked for it gets very defensive.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.