The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, all! Some of you might remember me from times long gone (chuckle), some might not, as I've been cutting the time I spend on various forums, but I have some news I'd like to share with you. :)

I've had my trusty partner, Snicks, by my side for 8, almost 9 years now, and he's the best horse I could ever wish for. You can search for our diary thread "Adventure time with Snickers" on the diary board, if you feel like it. He's taught me most of the stuff I do with horses and how I do it, he's made me confident, heck - he's made me into a horse trainer in many ways, and I've been carrying his lessons on to many different horses, making them into solid, reliable citizens.

But lately I started feeling ready for a whole new challenge of my own and, quite miraculously, everything fell into the right places...and one day I woke up as the proud owner of 2 horses.

Everyone, meet Captain Grant!

He was born on 10.06.2018., so will be a year old roughly in a month. He's a German Warmblood X Latvian Warmblood cross, registered as a Latvian Warmblood, as German lines are acceptable in the Latvian registry. He will grow up to be a light driving type, capable to do anything and everything, from Dressage, to jumping, to driving, to liberty and beyond! He's been living 24/7 outside since the day of his birth, so has grown up to be fantastically strong, confident, healthy and bold for a baby - and, as he was quite eager to...erm...discover the benefits of his gender, he was gelded a month ago.

I have arranged for him to continue living with his Mom for a while, until he matures a bit and weans naturally. Until then, I'm visiting him as often as I can and we have started his first tiny lessons on consistent leading, despooking and general manners. He's such a smart boy and has already learned tons over a few 10 minute sessions, and his former owner has also been a huge help in giving him consistent everyday handling!

I could go on and on... But - anyway - here he is! Welcome Captain to the family! :gallop:

·
Registered
5,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you, everyone :) I'm heels over head in love him and, once I get him to meet Snicks, I'm sure that Snicks will grow to love him, as he's proven to be lovely with foals and youngsters - a true "nanny" type of gelding. :)

Here's a few more photos from yesterday:

Captain on the left

Leading as a champ!

Also learned to accept treats politely in a matter of minutes. :)

Sweet an curious, as a colt should be

·
Registered
5,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
"I'm heels over head in love him" - this, of course, should be "I'm heels over head in love WITH him" :)

Also, JoBlueQuarter, thanks! I blame his upbringing - he's got the perfect circumstances to grow up into a perfect, handsome horse - free movements 24/7 since birth, an active herd to move and grow with, natural pastures and no unnecessary human intervention. :)

·
Registered
5,325 Posts
He's just beautiful, congratulations! Please keep sharing in his progress.

Reactions: Saranda
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.