The Horse Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not been getting any notifications from Horse Forum since it changed style. Without email notifications, people don't think to keep up with the threads that they are interested in. Is this the new normal? If so, I guess that the forum has died. I can't even find my old threads.

Registered
Hi @Celeste ! I'm not the Help Desk, but I have a vested interest in wanting you to stay so I can read about your trail rides. 馃槈 I have turned off notifications so can't comment on that, but I did want to say that it's pretty easy to find your old threads. Look at the top right corner of the screen where you should see your profile picture; if you hover over it, you'll see a pop up called "Account Details." If you left click on that square, it will give you a list of options- select the "Following" option, and that will take you to a list of all the threads you've started or commented on. Don't go! :D

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi @Celeste ! I'm not the Help Desk, but I have a vested interest in wanting you to stay so I can read about your trail rides. 馃槈 I have turned off notifications so can't comment on that, but I did want to say that it's pretty easy to find your old threads. Look at the top right corner of the screen where you should see your profile picture; if you hover over it, you'll see a pop up called "Account Details." If you left click on that square, it will give you a list of options- select the "Following" option, and that will take you to a list of all the threads you've started or commented on. Don't go! :D
Do you know if commenting on them will start back up the notification?

Super Moderator
If you aren't getting notifications click on your avatar, choose account settings and check your email address. Make sure it is correct and that is checked for you to receive emails. Click email preferences under that which brings you to another page. Look at those settings and make sure notifications are enabled. There was some notice that you had to accept or decline about "Push" and I wonder if that has to do with all notices or there is a glitch for you??? If you ignored or chose to decline then default may be no notification. I get inundated and dump 100s of notices everytime I log into that email.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I enabled push. We'll see what that does.
I am quite sure that if there was something that I was supposed to pay attention to, I missed it. I have lived on this computer since Covid. When I work in person, I can BS my way through and everybody thinks that I am great. When I have to actually put stuff in writing, it gets to be like work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.