The Horse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y’all! I just bought a 2014, 17.2hh, chestnut OTTB gelding! He has a blaze and 3 tall stockings! His JC name is Gone Lucky, but I’m not super wanting to call him Lucky. Does anyone have name ideas before he arrives?? I’m thinking I want to stick with something luck or Irish themed, but I’m open to whatever!
Some of the ideas I have already are:
Dublin
Chance
Seven

I’ll have some better pics once he arrives!

·
Super Moderator
26,719 Posts
Gone Lucky... Gil?

I feel like Dublin is over used in the horse world....

Reactions: AragoASB

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Seven is a cool name... have fun with your new bud. He’s pretty.

·
Banned
Misty is a spirited, talkative, lovable little brat! 14 hands, Grulla, speedy, naughty, and perfect1
110 Posts
Maybe something similar to Lucky since he probably already knows his name. Hmm, let me think.

·
Banned
Misty is a spirited, talkative, lovable little brat! 14 hands, Grulla, speedy, naughty, and perfect1
110 Posts
I like Ace as well.

Reactions: farmpony84

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
He reminds me of a King, or a Prince.

I like Seven and Ace too.
I was thinking King too, just couldn’t come up of a way to relate to what OP was looking for in a name.

·
Banned
110 Posts

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Chancit.

I always think names with two syllables are easier to use.

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
When I was a kid in a state where an English saddle was a rare sight, a Englishwoman and her daughter used to ride at our schooling shows, on two chestnut thoroughbreds named Devon and Quendon. I've always thought Quendon was a great name for a horse and in my mind it is associated with tall bright chestnuts ....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Y’all are amazing! There are some names here I would’ve never thought of and that I’ve never heard! They’re definitely being added to my list for him and have replaced some of the ones I had before! He arrives on Thursday, so I’m going to try to narrow it down to 2 or 3 beforehand and see what matches his personality when he arrives

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Did you buy him sight unseen?
Yes! His old owner’s barn got destroyed from the ice storm we had, so she needed to sell him quickly and he fit all my criteria. Unfortunately he’s about 4 hours away and the roads were so bad in both TX and LA so I didn’t feel it was safe to drive there. I’ve bought OTTB projects before straight from the track off just videos, but he’ll be my personal horse!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts