The Horse Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
Misty is a spirited, talkative, lovable little brat! 14 hands, Grulla, speedy, naughty, and perfect1
108 Posts
He looks skinny to me, but I have never met or looked into OTTB's so I could be wrong. If I am correct, hopefully you can put some weight on him once you get him! He's a very petty boy!

·
Registered
Misty is a spirited, talkative, lovable little brat! 14 hands, Grulla, speedy, naughty, and perfect1
108 Posts
He's not too thin in the pictures. They're built that way.
Okay, thats good. I don't have any experience with OTTB's, so I am not surprised I am wrong. Thanks for clearing that up.

·
Registered
306 Posts
He looks like a Shamrock to me. Something about his face makes me want to call him Lucky Shamrock. He's a looker that's for sure.

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
I spend an awful lot of time looking at race horses. He is a touch thin for one that was in training, but agree with others, he is very good looking. But he got that amazing color and 3 white feet from the Great One. Has twice in pedigree, top and bottom.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Thank you for the suggestions!
My new list is:
  • Louie (because it kinda sounds like Lucky)
  • Seven
  • Rory (red king in Irish)
  • Charlie

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
@GoneLucky13 - I do like Rory it's the english version of the Irish (and other celtic nations) meaning red-haired king. It would suit him. My friend's son is called Ruairidh.

·
Registered
20 Posts
As soon as I saw his pic preview while scrolling I thought “Bailey” immediately. Then as I read your post I noticed you are looking for something Irish, and Bailey is pretty Irish! There’s Baileys, the Irish cream liqueur brand

EDIT: also the clan Bailey

·
Registered
20 Posts
He looks skinny to me, but I have never met or looked into OTTB's so I could be wrong. If I am correct, hopefully you can put some weight on him once you get him! He's a very petty boy!
he looks very well conditioned coming from someone who’s seen a lot of OTTBs. He’s got good coverage and probably still a little race fit/tucked up which gives the illusion of “skinny” and can be weird/concerning when you’re not used to seeing super fit horses. He looks like a very fit and healthy man :)

21 - 33 of 33 Posts