The Horse Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love this forum, everyone is so active on here.

What drives me crazy is how quickly that it logs me out. I can barely type a few sentences and when I go to post it I am logged out. And I type on average 40-50 words per minute.

It's just a bit of a nuisance to have to re-log back in right after I finished typing a reply to try to help someone.

Does anyone else have this issue? Anyone have an idea on how to make this better?

·
Super Moderator
9,741 Posts
I really enjoy this site, too.

I don't have that problem and wonder if it is somehow in your computer settings. Any time mine do something funky or annoying I take them to the local computer docs and whine "Fix it!"

Good luck. I hope you get it figured out.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
If you're using a private computer then I would click the "remember me" box when you log in. Granted, I've never had that problem either way so it's possible it's something in your settings!

·
Registered
10,742 Posts
I've actually had this problem before too and clicking the Remember Me did not solve the issue as it seemed to be with my browser. Switching browsers is what cured it for me, however I'm going to bring this to the attention of our tech team.
Maybe they can take a deeper look. :)

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Don't have that problem, it never loggs me out. But I only use this on mobile device. I don't use on desktop because I can't remember my password.

·
Administrator
3,239 Posts
Hi there,

As someone suggested above, can you try clicking on the "remember me" box in the log in field area? This usually does the trick. If it still doesn't help out, we'll have to try another solution.

Yung

I love this forum, everyone is so active on here.

What drives me crazy is how quickly that it logs me out. I can barely type a few sentences and when I go to post it I am logged out. And I type on average 40-50 words per minute.

It's just a bit of a nuisance to have to re-log back in right after I finished typing a reply to try to help someone.

Does anyone else have this issue? Anyone have an idea on how to make this better?

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
The only time I've had this problem is when my Internet signal goes in and out. You might want to see if that's the case. I use my phone almost exclusively, and up until last month it was fairly common ( thanks T Mobile :p )

I spent $120. to upgrade my phone to a 4 GLTE capable Samsung. It's very frustrating to type several paragraphs on my phone's Itty bitty screen, only to lose it.

Now, I only lose my signal occasionally. So check to see if your Internet connection is the culprit.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Your issue is usually cookie related as forums use cookies to remember your login information. If one gets corrupted or your browser (or some malicious or malfunctioning plugin you may have installed) is somehow trashing them, you'll experience these sorts of issues.

Find the "Clear cookies" option in your browser, do it, shut down and then restart the browser and your issue may be gone.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey everyone, here's an update. I have been logging in with my work computer (please don't tell my boss lol). I logged in from another computer and it's staying logged in. So thanks for the tips!

Still loving the site!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts