The Horse Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Horse Forum Members,

I am from India, I have noticed a lump in my horses leg(pastern Region), Initially It was small, but in later stages it showed growth, when consulting experts and horse breeders, some are saying it as a Muscle and some tells it as a bone that is grown due to additional calcium intake.

I have attached the Image of the region.
Kindly share your thoughts.

Terrestrial animal Working animal Plant Trunk Snout

Plant Leg Human body Barefoot Fawn

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
That's weird, I'd get it xrayed, looks like some kind of mass that could be malignant. Weird for that to be in a 4yo horse but I'd be skipping my way to an X ray machine to see if there's bone involvement.

·
Registered
12,576 Posts
Since it is hard and not moveable, it needs x-rayed and immediate attention by a medical professional. Hopefully you veterinarians and/or a big equine medical facility close by?

·
Registered
12,576 Posts
I hope you will let us know the outcome of this.
And, perhaps post some photos of your Marwari horse. I find them to be so beautiful and exotic .
They are a gaited horse. They have a 4-beat lateral gait and are supposed to be the smoothest of the glide rides😍

I’ve never had the privilege of seeing one much less ride one but there was a man “somewhere else” who raised and sold them. He was somewhere on our easterly coast. He was somewhat older than me and I haven’t seen him post for a long time so————

He had raised TWH’s in his younger years but couldn’t say enough great things about the horse with the curly ears, the Marwari.

That was sort of OT, @horseman001 PLEASE post an update on your stallion and hopefully some photos 😇😇

Reactions: tinyliny and boots
1 - 15 of 15 Posts