The Horse Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
15H, 15 yr old Grade Appy mare. Beautiful, sweet. Middle to bottom of the pecking order. Ok ground manners. Road safe. Loads. Stands tied. Stands for trims - has always been barefoot and has great feet, even after a hoof injury in 2011. Been sound since 2013 with regular trims. Was a recipient broodmare in a previous life and was a lesson horse prior to coming to me. Would be a *terrific* kids horse if riding in a group OR with a little more work in riding out alone (she is buddy sour and will test her rider but if they are confident and understand pressure/release, they should be fine) but does great on trails following. Is NOT confident leading and will not go forward if in the lead. Has very little spook. We stirred up a turkey in the pasture and all she did was look, didn't jump or balk. Has refused to enter the woods if riding out alone but again, will follow anywhere. Her speed is slow but she does trot - and her trot is very smooth. I've never had her in an extended lope but she lopes in the field. Has been a solo horse and herd horse. If a solo horse, is NOT barn sour... just when there are other horses with her. Price negotiable to a GOOD home. Vet and personal references are required. Buy back contract required. This mare is special to me. It took a lot to bring her back from the 2011 injury and the only reason I am selling is because she deserves a job and I don't have time to ride her and my gelding -and prefer to ride my gelding.
Delivery available but prospective buyer will need to come see her and pay prior to delivery.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts