Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am hoping someone reading this may have been through a similar situation or know someone that has because I'm desperate for advice!

This year I wil be moving back to England and I want to bring my horse with me. I live in Hungary at the moment and my horse is an 8 year old gelding. I brought him nearly 5 years ago and really don't want to sell him, he is my best friend.

He has got a passport and a freeze mark (but no micro chip).

He was also diagnosed as carrying horse herpes about 2 years ago, he gets a jab for this 3-4 times a year which prevents him for becoming ill. The vet explained it to me as he carrys the disease which lays dormant. He can only pass it on if he is sick with, if he is healthy it can't be passed on. Therefore since he gets the jab he won't get sick and can't pass it on. Although if he didn't get the jab he may never get ill from it either.

Would this affect being able to permanently bring him to the UK.

Does anyone know what else is involved.

Do horses have to go into quarantine?

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Thanks

T

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Hm.. wish I could help. I have a friend who bought a stallion when he was in Leeds England, right before he moved back to Holland. As far as I know the horse was completely healthy, and what little he told me about it made it seem like it was really easy, and the horse didn't have to go into quaranteen as far as I know. Sorry I can't be much more help.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.