The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I'm gonna start from the beginning so ya'll understand.
Jan 27 I started my new job, working as a stable hand. I hadn't done it in about a year and was out of shape and not used to the hard labour. I did it one day for 5 hours, the second day for 10 hours and the third day for 9 hours. Unfortunately I wasn't used to the hard work and I had the wrong shoes on.

My ankle was killing me in the days after I worked. I then had a fitness test in school {12 minutes run, pushups and situps}. I did all that and had a riding lesson. Now my ankle hurts even more and my whole left leg is getting stiff. I'm really afraid I pulled my achiles tendon {as thats where the pain started}. Does anyone think that might be what happened, or is it just sore? I have to work this saturday too, another 10 hours.

I'm gonna go to a doctor tomarrow or sunday to check it out i think.

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
Okay I'm gonna start from the beginning so ya'll understand.
Jan 27 I started my new job, working as a stable hand. I hadn't done it in about a year and was out of shape and not used to the hard labour. I did it one day for 5 hours, the second day for 10 hours and the third day for 9 hours. Unfortunately I wasn't used to the hard work and I had the wrong shoes on.

My ankle was killing me in the days after I worked. I then had a fitness test in school {12 minutes run, pushups and situps}. I did all that and had a riding lesson. Now my ankle hurts even more and my whole left leg is getting stiff. I'm really afraid I pulled my achiles tendon {as thats where the pain started}. Does anyone think that might be what happened, or is it just sore? I have to work this saturday too, another 10 hours.

I'm gonna go to a doctor tomarrow or sunday to check it out i think.
It definitely sounds like you did to much to soon. Try to take some time off for a while. If there is something you dont need to do (like riding or ohter demanding thing), don't do it. Your body is trying to adjust and it's always working hard with the things are have to done, so relax when you're done. Take it slow, pick up riding in a week or two.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thnx my2gelding. that's what I thought i'd do. Its been like -5 here the past few days and I should have ridden my boys in the snow but decided against it, don't wanna stress my leg out too much. I might also skip my lesson at the stable this week {although I pay $50 and don't get a refund}. I doubt my phys ed teacher will let me skip but she did tell me to take it easy when we did the fitness test.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.