The Horse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I really want a pair of insulated cowboy boots, but a friend said they weren't worth it. They weren't that warm, and they fell apart. Have any of you had this problem? I would love your opinion!!

·
Super Moderator
10,043 Posts
Friends tell me that insulated western boots are never as good as any insulated English boots. And the English boots are not good for long periods outside.

I ride in either my Sorrel's or irrigation boots. Both have a narrower toe box and fit my stirrups better than other brands. I do have have pair of men's western boots that are 3 sizes too big. I can layer up socks if I need to ride something really questionable.

·
Banned
904 Posts
Friends tell me that insulated western boots are never as good as any insulated English boots. And the English boots are not good fir long periods outside.

I ride in either my Sorrel's or irrigation boots. Both have a narrower toe box and fit my stirrups better than other brands. I do have have pair of men's western boots that are 3 sizes too big. I can layer up socks if I need to ride something really questionable.
Yeah same. I am a size 7 but wear a size 9 for extra socks. They tend to do well as long as I’ve waterproofed my boots with dubbin or oil

Reactions: AbbySmith

·
Banned
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah that's my problem now. I only have my cowboy boots and my muck Boots. The muck Boots are warm but the toe is way too fat to fit in the stirrup. And the cowboy boots for very nicely in the summer with one pair of thin socks. But I can't get a second pair of socks into them!

·
Registered
678 Posts
As I sit here, I'm wearing a pair of Justin waterproof insulated boots. 500 gram Thinsulate in both bottom and tops.

They don't look all that cowboyish, but Justin is a cowboyish name!

On a 40-50 degree day I have to change as they get too too hot.

Not sure if the smallest size would work for you.

·
Registered
32 Posts
As I sit here, I'm wearing a pair of Justin waterproof insulated boots. 500 gram Thinsulate in both bottom and tops.

They don't look all that cowboyish, but Justin is a cowboyish name!

On a 40-50 degree day I have to change as they get too too hot.

Not sure if the smallest size would work for you.

try rocky boots, durable and made in the USA

·
Registered
678 Posts
DOUBLE H goes up to 3E. They are also a good boot, and most of their work and western stuff is made in the USA
Counting up, I've worn Double H on and off for at least 50 years. Good boot but no insulated/waterproof 3E. Back then I didn't need the 3E but as age progresses the feet seem to widen.

·
Banned
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lol. You guys need a wider boot, and I was sitting here thinking crap, they don't have a 9B. The 9s are out of stock, and they don't even have a B option!

·
Registered
678 Posts
HaHa. My sister had a 5A. Only abut 5 stores in the USA that she could walk into and walk out with new shoes. And it was usually at least three pair when she did.

·
Registered
678 Posts
yes they do. I need wider now because of a recently broken ankle
Do you have a model number? I couldn't find any is the reason I went to Justin.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Like I said, wide never works for me. Gotta have at least 3E. Extra wide is 1E. Shoes and boots, here in the USA at least, used to always be by letter width. They went to medium and wide etc to keep from having so many sizes.

·
Registered
678 Posts
They do have a 2E insulated now. Maybe I'll try a pair for fit if the Justins ever wear out.

·
Super Moderator
26,877 Posts
I just use my Justins with warm socks. A friend of mine has the Dover brand english ones and she just rides western in them. They don't look bad... and she's warm...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts