The Horse Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Soo....I did a thing....

A lady that boards at the same stable I do has 3 mares at her property that had foals. I went and saw said foals. I got my heart stolen by a little filly xD

So, meet Melody. She's a quarter horse and in these pics when I first met her, she was only ten days old (currently 2 weeks old now). Her parents are registered and in the next few weeks, she's going to get registered herself. She's also suppose to mature around 15 hh or slightly above.

When I met little miss Melody, I was told that her mom wouldn't let anyone near at first when she was first born. Yet when I went out there, it took very little for me to friend the mare and this of course, got the little filly curious about me. Before I knew it, I was scratching the mare with one hand and giving scratches to the filly with the other lol. There were a few times I ended up giving scratches to Melody a few different times and she absolutely loved it! She did the whole lip wiggle and head as high up as possible during it, it was so cute.

Currently she's in a small paddock due to her tendons needing a bit of extra time to strengthen and straighten out before she can just run around like a maniac. Vet said she's going to be totally fine, it's a normal thing for certain foals to need a little extra time for their tendons to strengthen. By the time she's a month old roughly she should be totally fine. But any way, I'm super excited for her and can't wait till September when she's going to be weaned and come home with me :D

So ya, here's this cutie that I'm super excited for ^.^

For any interested, these are her sire and dams papers. I don't know a whole lot about bloodlines so if you know something about these lines, I'd definitely love to hear your thoughts on them.

·
Registered
6,880 Posts
Ahhh what a pretty little thing she is. Have fun with her.

Reactions: JCnGrace
1 - 3 of 3 Posts