The Horse Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been lurking around for a while and posting a little but I thought I would introduce myself and one of my horses, Riley. He is a paint x clydie, 15.1 hands and 11 years old. I have always thought of him as my gorgeous little paddock ornament because of my lack of *ehem* courage, for lack of a better, more fitting word. See I haven't had the guts to actually get on him because the first time I did, I stacked it, and I haven't fallen off a horse for about 10 years. Of course I have only recently gotten back into riding so to be fair I haven't had the chance to fall off.

Anyway.. back on track.. as recently as last weekend I found myself mountless because friends were riding with me and riding the two horse I would choose to ride first. I was more than happy for that arrangement because it meant that I was not riding alone again, however it left me with a little problem. Who was I to ride? One of them jokingly (I think) suggested I ride Riley and after thinking about it all night I thought, "****** it why not". So with much trepidation and lots of almost backing out I saddled up my gorgeous paddock ornament and headed up to the arena.

To start off with I had plenty of trouble getting my foot in the offside stirrup because I have only ever ridden in an english saddle and my western saddle has been, like my western horse, an ornament in my feed shed/ tack room. Every time I tried to slide my foot into the brand new, wont give an inch, stirrup Riley took it as a cue to move off. Which is not an issue unless you are as witlessly, stupidly scared as I was. After much grunting and groaning I got my foot in the stirrup and all of a sudden things just went *click* right into place! Seriously, I just felt like I was meant to ride this horse and he was the safest animal in the world. Within minutes I was trotting and cantering around the arena without a care in the world and feeling like I had just won a million dollars. And to be honest it's worth so much more than a million dollars. I can ride my gorgeous paddock ornament and be a gorgeous trail riding horse, or a gorgeous show horse, or anything else I choose to do with him. It's fabulous!

Ok, so I guess that wasn't very much of an introduction but if I keep writing I will just fill the page with meaningless drivel. More meaningless drivel lol.
Here is my pretty boy.
BTW thanks to HowClever for the pics. xxx

Attachments

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Hey, I know that horse, haha.
And your stealing your mount friends sound like horrible, horrible people!!!
bahahaha

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No they sound like wonderful people.. they were going for a ride with little ole lonely me :D It was seriously the best thing you guys could have done! Thanks heaps xxoo

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks RedTree! It's good to meet you too. Absolutely lovely paddock ornament but now so much more :)

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Hehe, maybe next time I'll ride one of my herd haha

1 - 7 of 7 Posts