The Horse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Azure Horizon!! He is an 8 yr old Arabian. I was not looking for another horse but...well....here he is anyway :lol: . Such a sweet boy! We'll see what happens when I get on but right now he is just settling in and seems really nice and I think he's gorgeous!
Here is his pedigree: Azure Horizon Arabian
As I've said before, I know nothing about Arabians so I welcome any comments on it :D
He is 15hh which seems really short for me since all my other horses are giants :) I'm thinking it might be fun to have a horse I can actually get on without making it stand in a hole :lol:
Pics aren't the best, he was busy checking everything out so didn't want to stand for me. And of course all the ones of his other side that show his nice long mane (that i spent an hour combing burrs and mats out of) didn't turn out good. Excuse the long hooves, getting the farrier out asap.
Considering he was free I really can't complain too much :D

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
I'm usually not one for Arabians but I have to say he is probably one of the prettiest and most elegant looking arabians I've seen.

wow! He's gorgeous! Congrats!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Gorgeous! And fuuny how they never want to "pose" when the camera is out, but when it's put away, they pose all over the place! lol

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh! hes beautiful. Have you ridden him yet? How did it go?
Isn't he though?? As far as I'm concerned he couldn't be any more perfect! Of course I'm probably biased since he's mine!:lol: He was doing some fancy head tossing and prancing this morning when I let him out of the barn, sooooo prettyyyyyy!!!!!
I haven't been on him yet. I'm trying not to rush things, giving him plenty of time to settle in to his new surroundings. I reaaallllyyy want to ride him but I'm forcing myself to wait!! Soon though, soon!!! I'll post how it goes when I do ride him, maybe this weekend!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Very handsome boy!

·
Registered
504 Posts
He is even prettier then his 1st picture you posted on the other thread.
Good luck with your progress

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
He's gorgeous! Congrats!

·
Registered
470 Posts
REALLY lovely color and face!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks again guys!
I rode him again this afternoon and he did really good. He was feeling pretty frisky so before I got on we spent some time just going through is gaits in the round corral. He's quite the clown, even put in some half hearted little bucks!!! But he quickly settled down and then I got on and he was his perfect calm self.
He has unbelievable stamina considering he hasn't been ridden/worked with in a long time, I worked with him trotting pretty steady for quite awhile and he never broke a sweat! Can't wait to get him out of the round corral!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts