The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To start things off, I am aware it's not the right area for this thread, but I fear there will be just to little traffic to get the views I want to get. I hope this thread can stay in this area :)

Having been an Apple user my entire life, my attention was caught when Apple released their newest piece of technology, the "iPad"; and I will admit, the name sounds ridiculous.

Anyways, here is the video for it and a link about someone's opinion and view on it. Curious to hear what you all think of it.

Apple (Canada) - iPad - The best way to experience the web, email, & photos

Link: iPad: The Good, The Bad, and the Meh : Macenstein

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
I've heard about this, and it seems that it does about the same things as my Sony Reader, but with a lot of useless added in. *Shrug*

·
Registered
742 Posts
Haha, it looks like a giant version of the iPod touch. kinda pointless if you ask me. I'll just stick with my computer. I spent too much time on the internet as it is. I don't need to carry it around in my pocket.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I think it's one of Apple's worst creations. Sure, it'll sell some but it's basically just a giant iPod Touch, and I don't think it even plays music (unless I missed that)?
Kind of just seems like a ploy for them to make money, and don't get me wrong, I'm an avid Apple fan. It just seems like they got jealous that they hadn't made a tablet yet.

·
Registered
23,642 Posts
While it's kind of neat, I don't understand the need for it. I like my iTouch, but I wouldn't want to lug anything bigger in my purse. Why pay that much for a screen (that could very easily break/get scratched) when I could pay half for a netbook? Then again I don't understand the whole "netbook" phenomenon either.... I'm already "connected" enough as is - I don't need a 10" tablet in my bag... if I'm out and need some entertainment, I watch an episode of something on my iTouch.. and if I'm at home, I like my computer, thanks..

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
:lol: The ipad is just a big ipod touch...
Let's see....what is wrong with this picture...
It's main specs/details are:
1024x786 screen (not even widescreen for videos) and the resolution used to run Windows 95 on.
Claims it has 10 hours of battery life, only if you're listening to music (with the display turned off more than likely.)
It's not a stand-alone computer. It's a big itouch that needs another computer to sync with.
1GHz processor that is worse than most high tech cell phones now days.
Oh and, the name is horrible.

That, is a massive Apple fail if I ever saw one.

·
Registered
23,642 Posts
:lol: The ipad is just a big ipod touch...
Let's see....what is wrong with this picture...
It's main specs/details are:
1024x786 screen (not even widescreen for videos) and the resolution used to run Windows 95 on.
Claims it has 10 hours of battery life, only if you're listening to music (with the display turned off more than likely.)
It's not a stand-alone computer. It's a big itouch that needs another computer to sync with.
1GHz processor that is worse than most high tech cell phones now days.
Oh and, the name is horrible.

That, is a massive Apple fail if I ever saw one.
Yes, I watched the presentation and he said "we were able to achieve 10 hours of battery life" -- yeah, but doing what, exactly?

I agree. When I first saw this thread I thought "huh....getting into feminine products??

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Yes, I watched the presentation and he said "we were able to achieve 10 hours of battery life" -- yeah, but doing what, exactly?

I agree. When I first saw this thread I thought "huh....getting into feminine products??
Yep, my thoughts exactly. The iphone even has a better battery life than it; 147 hours in standby time. The Blackberry has 557 hours in standby time, the T-Mobile G1 has 896 hours in standby time. ...I think you get the idea. Apple thought they had figured out a more well rounded product with a proficient battery life, after looking at those statistics, I have to laugh at their attempt.

Hehe... That was the first thing that went through my head when I heard the name...because of how everyone is obsessing over putting an 'i' in front of practically everything. :lol: Oh Apple...you never cease to ammuse me.

·
Registered
23,642 Posts
The iphone even has a better battery life than it; 147 hours in standby time. The Blackberry has 557 hours in standby time, the T-Mobile G1 has 896 hours in standby time. ...I think you get the idea
Exactly. 10 hours of standby? Not great. That doesn't translate to too many hours of usage time.
While I think it's neat, and an alternative to a web-book or small laptop, you would need a HUGE freaking purse to carry it around, and it doesn't really speak to too many people.. I like my iTouch because it's small. I watched a show in the hospital while I was waiting for my OR time, then Rich put it in his pocket and carried it around. I get internet on it, and even though I have the "smallest" iTough (8gig) I still put a whole season of shows on it, as well as photos and music, and apps.

I do still LOVE this sleeper:

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Adorable picture Allie, made me giggle :lol:

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
AHHAHAHAHAHA that is hilarious!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts