Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Equine and Cattle Vet App
TRACK IMPORTANT INFORMATION EASILY ON YOUR IPHONE OR IPOD TOUCH!

• Birthing Tables
  • Breeding Cycles
  • Medication Schedules
  • Vaccination Schedules
  • Feed Blend Tracking
  • Location Tracking
  • Pedigree Builder
  • Cost Tracking
  • and Much More
Contact us for more details and info on this Great new Iphone App
nntllc at gmail.com

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just got a email from a user here asking about adding veterinarian medical reference info to app. We will be doing this too. Great input. We will be releasing this app July 1, 2009 in the itunes store. May we ask that every iphone owner who reads this post that they have one as a reply so we know who you are when we move to testing next week.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Wow, that sounds really cool! I have the iPod Touch and my husband has the iPhone. I would definitely download that to store my horses' information.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the expressed interest. We would like to invite all members of this forum to give input. We need your input to make sure this upcoming app fills a majority of horse and cattle owners needs. The list of functions listed on our first post is not a final list but what we felt should be included. Please could you horseforum.com users give us your ideas?

·
Registered
594 Posts
Would there be a deworming schedule addition to it? I would also suggest a farrier calendar.

I would be rather interested in this if it had the above two resources.

How much will the app cost initially? Will updates be free?

·
Registered
23,642 Posts
I'm considering getting an iPhone and have a couple of questions regarding this app:

- would it be transferrable to a PC or Mac? If this is my main resource for tracking my horse's health, I want to be able to download said information to my PC or Mac so that if my phone breaks, the information is still backed up
- how much would this app cost?
- would there be bill tracking as well (i.e. you have a list of your veterinary visits, invoice amount and if it's paid in full or owing?)
- I would also suggest having a page for your horse's description, a picture, and emergency contact info like your vet's number and insurance company's number.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We will be adding the following items and including the following resources.

Additional Items:

• Farrier Schedule
  • Expense Tracker for Each Animal

Additional Resources:

• Online Support(Universal Mac/PC)
  • Printable Reports
  • Email Forwarding of Records
Please keep the feedback coming, it has been very helpful. Currently the App is looking like $49.99 with free updates for the first 2 years. This pricing could change as we add and refine items we will be including in this Iphone/ipod touch app.

Keep the ideas and suggestions flowing.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Emergency info and horse ID info has already been added to app. It was part of the original framework. We had already integrated the Iphone camera to the system to allowing adding your animals photos as part of the file on each animal.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Man; I was JUST thinking about this earlier today... I don't have an iPhone and I don't plan on getting one, but I really need something I can carry around with me to track all this stuff, that's for sure. Good idea... I only wish I had an iPhone :)

·
Registered
23,642 Posts
Just as a casual, one-horse owner, I personally wouldn't pay nearly $50 for something I can track on paper (or my laptop) at home for a fraction of the price.
I don't mean to be rude, I am just giving an opinion on the pricing as I see it.

If I had a bigger business and needed something on-the-go, I think I would consider it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Man; I was JUST thinking about this earlier today... I don't have an iPhone and I don't plan on getting one, but I really need something I can carry around with me to track all this stuff, that's for sure. Good idea... I only wish I had an iPhone :)
The app will work with your Ipod touch too if you don't want to buy a Iphone but want to use the apps.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just as a casual, one-horse owner, I personally wouldn't pay nearly $50 for something I can track on paper (or my laptop) at home for a fraction of the price.
I don't mean to be rude, I am just giving an opinion on the pricing as I see it.

If I had a bigger business and needed something on-the-go, I think I would consider it.
We are targeting this to multi-animal owners and vets who need multi-animal tracking. This is not going to be geared for the one horse owner. This is for the 2,3,4, or more animal owners. We know that a majority of horse owners have 3.2 horses they own....This provides a easy way to track the upkeep and cost of multi animals plus on very complete medical reference guide.

·
Registered
23,642 Posts
We are targeting this to multi-animal owners and vets who need multi-animal tracking. This is not going to be geared for the one horse owner. This is for the 2,3,4, or more animal owners. We know that a majority of horse owners have 3.2 horses they own....This provides a easy way to track the upkeep and cost of multi animals plus on very complete medical reference guide.
Just so you are aware, I would be willing to pay about half that amount, as a one-horse owner.
Just some feedback from a potential customer.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just so you are aware, I would be willing to pay about half that amount, as a one-horse owner.
Just some feedback from a potential customer.
Thanks for the input. We are thinking about offering two versions of this product now. We think that we should have a "Hobby Farmer" version for owners with less than 4 animals to track and a "Professional" version for owners of 4 or more animals. Pricing at this time will be....

• Hobby Farmer-$19.99
  • Professional-$49.99

·
Registered
23,642 Posts
Thanks for the input. We are thinking about offering two versions of this product now. We think that we should have a "Hobby Farmer" version for owners with less than 4 animals to track and a "Professional" version for owners of 4 or more animals. Pricing at this time will be....

• Hobby Farmer-$19.99
  • Professional-$49.99

Wonderful :) my contract is expiring with my phone company soon and I might be looking into getting an iPhone, and this app does appeal to me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We heard from the "Blood Horse" today. They are as excited as we are about this app coming to market. They think we have the app to have for horse owners of all sizes.

·
Registered
151 Posts
The app will work with your Ipod touch too if you don't want to buy a Iphone but want to use the apps.
I do not have an iPod touch and won't be getting one anytime soon :( But I will def. keep it in mind if I decide to get the phone or touch. Also, I'm glad to see the "hobby" pricing now... thanks!! I'm really excited about it, I just don't think I can justify getting an expensive device just to have the app. But maybe in a few months :)

·
Registered
310 Posts
This looks pretty cool. How about down the lane you do an add on that allows people to track their shows schedule/results. I would think that would make this even more valuable for those who are heavily into the show circuits.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
We have re-formatted the app to be multi-platform supportive and it will not launch until completely ported over. The new revision of the app will be usable from any, I say any smart phone with data/internet support. The app will in the new revision also support use from PC's and MAC's to give users more and easier ways to use the app. There will be 4 releases of the app three for Racing animals and one for pleasure and show animals. Each version will have certain features unique to the animal's use. Also we are looking for investment to allow us to market this app to a boarder audience. If you are interested in know more about the app or want to partner up email us at nntllc at gmail.com

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.