The Horse Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
I use GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program). I've tried Photoshop but I just like my GIMP better. I find it easier and more streamlined with more shortcuts.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I use Artweaver, and I like it a lot. It's free and you can download it off the internet. I think it's similar to Photoshop, but I haven't worked very much with Photoshop...

·
Registered
291 Posts
Are they complicated to use? That's the biggest complaint I hear about photoshop.
Hmmm...I wouldn't call Artweaver complicated. You just have to learn what every thing is. I'm still learning. I've made some really cool stuff with it though...

·
Registered
157 Posts
GIMP is downloaded off the web. I believe the site if GIMP.com, although you might want to Google it, just in case.

GIMP is fairly easy. But with like anything new, you have to learn how to use it. I was never taught, but I have taught people. I learned through random experimenting.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I downloaded artweaver, and it's so confusing. But then again I never worked with anything like this. How did you guys learn?

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
I use GIMP and Pixenate!

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Google "GIMP", "Aviary", and "Picnik". Those are pretty good. You can also get Photoshop off ebay I'm sure for a fair price (maybe an older version).

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
If you are interested I have a new copy of Photoshop Elements I will sell for $50

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hmmm I might take you up on that offer. But for now I can't, it's so tempting but I have priories. :(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts