The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Duh duh duh! It's .... Love Story!!! Lol!

K guys... a friend if mine came out today to check out Beast, and she said she has a very unusual head, in terms of shape and length. My friend rides Tb's too, and is very knowledgable, but I dont understand what she means. Is Love's head unusual?

DSCN3275.jpg

DSCN3276.jpg

DSCN3283.jpg

DSCN3312.jpg

DSCN3291.jpg

·
Registered
22,320 Posts
The only thing that I notice is that it is really big. Couple that with the fact that her neck is really short and it makes it look like it belongs on a different horse.

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
Oh my God! She has a horses head :shock::shock::shock:
:rofl:

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lol ^! Really? I hadnt noticed :mrgreen:. Thanx smrobs now i kinda understand!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
A horse walks into a bar .... bartender asks, "Hey, why such a long face?"

The only thing I see is a totally bored horse. His ears are out to the side in all the pictures and I think that gives him an odd appearance.

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
hard to tell with the distortion of the pics and the halter on all wonky. Maybe try to get a shot with her without a halter on? All I see is a horse with a big head :D

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
I'm being serious now. I don't really see the big head thing. I think she looks fine. Maybe that halter is making her head look bigger than it is. It needs fitted up more so its not hanging.

·
Registered
255 Posts
her head looks a little big but nothing major. just to add though, her neck seems to not have a lot of muscle. I think you need to build up her topline. that way you wouldnt see a dip right in front of the withers. on the crest of the mane

·
Registered
302 Posts
If your friend works with thoroughbreds then she is just used a more refined looking head. There is nothing wrong with your horses head.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanx everyone. Il take pictures without her halter on and post them soon. Im on my phone now so i cant upload the one i have, il do it later. Lol, she was very bored that day, and the halter was put on rather rushed. How many holes tighter should i put it? Oh and eaferg, its a wormy belly, we are deworming them all 2morrow. Shes def. not preggo, my mom would kill me lol
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
245 Posts
she has a very sweet face! but she does have a short neck which is making her head look bigger than what it is. with lots more topline her head wont seem so big. also the halter is not fitted corectly witch isnt helping.

she does look wormy, so i would be giving her an extra dose again in a week.=)

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
Is the horse preggo?

If not, I think she may be wormy. Usually horses with big pot bellies that have ribs showing have worms. If you have dewormed her recently, it could just be a hay belly :p
Many mares that have been used as brood mares will develope a pot belly. After the 2nd or 3rd foal its harder to retain their original shape.
Just an FYI, not sure if that the case with this horse.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Looks like a normal Thoroughbred head to me, maybe a little larger than ideal but still fine. Looks almost like the head of an Appendix I ride. The only thing I noticed is that she looks quite dull in the eyes and her condition is somewhat poor.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.