The Horse Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm selling my Wintec saddle and someone offered me a treeless saddle and some money in exchange for it. He sent me some pictures (I added them to this post)
It seems to me like an old model of a Barefoot Cheyenne but I can't find the exact saddle anywhere. He told me he doesn't see any brand or serial number on the saddle. If someone could help me find which brand this is I would appreciate it a lot

Attachments

·
Registered
825 Posts
I would say no, unless it's a very very old model just by looking at the seat. Barefoot hasn't been making seats with that shape pattern for a long time now. And i don't ever recall Barefoot having a zippered cantle. Looks like a knockoff model to me.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The saddle seems a little odd to me but I can't find the fake model for sale either. I'll continue searching. Maybe it's an ancient model

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would say no, unless it's a very very old model just by looking at the seat. Barefoot hasn't been making seats with that shape pattern for a long time now. And i don't ever recall Barefoot having a zippered cantle. Looks like a knockoff model to me.
Barefoot did have zippered cantles. I have a Cheyenne with one.
I'm sure the OP has already made a decision here - just wanted to clear that up. It may or may nor be genuine, but that barefoot design was often reproduced. Though Barefoot only started putting serial numbers on in 2003.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts