The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Okay, so I was told that in Campdrafting your horses mane had to be either really short mane or no mane at all.

·
Registered
7,788 Posts
I'm not that familiar with campdrafting so I'm not sure of the rules for showing and how the judges want you to appear. But I would think you'd want a natural flowing mane, like you see in cutting horses. Check with the association you want to compete in and find out if there are preferences from the judges.

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
True - sort of, they usually hog their manes (cut it all off). However I don't believe there is a rule about it, so you don't have to do it. They do it a lot in polocrosse too, and often ASH's have their manes hogged even when not competing.

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
Looked through rulebook - no rule specifying it that I could find. Saying that, i have yet to meet a campdrafter with a mane. They do it for convenience and so it doesn't get tangled with the reins.

It's just something you do with the sport.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay thank you
And just another question with all that for riding clubs and horse shows show jumping,dressage,ect well does your horses mane have to be long?

The same person as before is going to use my horse for adult riding club and I was going to cut his mane nice short but she said it should be long for buns and things.

·
Registered
492 Posts
In eventing/dressage we leave it about four inches long and keep it pulled thin for braiding.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.