The Horse Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I have a SSH gelding and he is seriously goofy. If he were a person in high school, he's be a dork. Is your SSH like this?

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
I have no conclusive proof Trigger is a SSH, but the vet is fairly sure of it. If he's NOT full blood SSH, he's a cross and possibly with Mustang...

He's absurd. Absolutely ridiculous.

Reactions: JoBlueQuarter

·
Registered
9,524 Posts
What's a SSH?
Spotted Saddle Horse - they are a gaited horse with a pinto pattern.

I had one that was. She had phobias and when you got her over that phobia she'd develop another one. Of things she hadn't previously been phobic of. I've also had 2 that were very good horses.

This is her getting attention from a young friend.

232323232fp33__nu=3236_57__752_WSNRCG=3233883399447nu0mrj.jpg

·
Super Moderator
23,600 Posts
Yeah, I googled 'ssh horse' & found out. Some nice looking horses there! But what's with the 'wee stance' thing? I started a thread in the confo section to ask about it...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yeah, I googled 'ssh horse' & found out. Some nice looking horses there! But what's with the 'wee stance' thing? I started a thread in the confo section to ask about it...
It's called parking out and it's traditional for gaited breeds and those typically shown in saddleseat (Morgans, TWH, Saddlebreds....)

·
Registered
408 Posts
I hate the parking out! It hides confirmation faults and it puts a strain on areas I'd prefer not to strain.

Now, my riding partner for years was a SSH and goofy didn't even begin to describe Duke! Silly, would eat anything not moving, if it was moving, he would catch it and then eat it. Funny faces are his specialty also, but my horse taught him "stink eye" but Duke can't maintain it for long. My guy gives "mare stare" a run for its money!

I will probably get my daughter a SSH down the road (I'm a Standardbred person and I'm not a fan of "color" breeds for my personal horse, but adore them on others)

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
No, not at all....Miss Lacy is a lady through and through....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts