The Horse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have actually finished all of my commissions a month before Christmas for the first time in years!! I'm turning down any new commissions at this point that are for Christmas, and only taking them for the new year so I've got some time to spend honing my horse drawing skills again :)

SO....

I'm willing to do two people's horses on here so I can practice. It's not going to be a case of first in first served. I will ONLY take the best two photos and would prefer not to do fully bodies but if it is a photo that I like I'll consider it.
Photo's MUST be clear (not from a mobile phone camera), not in the distance, clean horse and a decent angle (not from a 3/4 behind view... that doesn't make for a good drawing!!). I am also willing to not charge for postage should anyone want to buy a drawing from me in the next 3 days. (Will only do A4 size drawings of a horse's head/neck only without postage. Anything bigger will cost me too much to send O/S and I may be willing to halve the postage cost. Just ask ;)) Keeping in mind you may not get it until the first few months of next year seeing as Christmas is a busy time for me.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I have a couple of my TB that I would love to have drawn! (any of them)

I know you said no full body ones but I thought I'd throw that in just incase.

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Aztecbaby, your boy is lovely! I'll just wait until I get a few more photo's together and chose. Depending on how quickly I get to do them, I might do more than two. It'll be varying from graphite, charcoal and pastel because the point of me doing these is more so to increase what I can do and let me have a play without the pressure of a paying commision.

·
Registered
7,738 Posts
This is a fun idea! Haha Maybe one of these will fit your criteria. =D I have a bigger one of that last picture if you need it...

·
Registered
534 Posts
Hey Kayty~ congrats on your commissions! That's a huge accomplishment and I'm sure a huge weight off of your shoulders :D
So I thought I'd throw a few photos out there-

Attachments

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
AztecBaby I've done most of your boy :) It's a bit different though, I'm just using graphite and because I haven' used it for so long I'm trying to hone in on different areas of the horse and also speed my work up. Usually a piece will take me 20+ hours so I'm trying to keep it a bit rough, in 20mins I've done his eye, and two front legs. Will post a photo tonight for you :)

·
Registered
740 Posts
Hi! I've sorted through the pictures of my girl and tried to find the pictures with cool angles/good poses. If you decide to draw her, I can send you the full-sized file.

She's a full Percheron - it might be fun doing a draft, something a little different!

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Azarni what a beautiful mare you have!!! She's gorgeous, once I've got around to it I'll certainly have a go. Might even end up doing her as a full pastel portrait instead of just playing around with graphite and charcoal.

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Justleaveit2mya, how gorgeous is your horses face markings :O I might have a play with the last full body shot you put up. I need to do some more of them, I'm just lazy haha! They take so long I couldn't be bothered unless it's a commission but it's such a good photo I might have to have a play.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I would love one!
Here are just a [few] to chose from :D

Attachments

·
Registered
23,642 Posts
If you have time and/or want to draw Denny, I would love it!

I hope maybe these are what you're looking for - please feel free to PM me if you'd like bigger copies!

·
Registered
956 Posts

1 - 20 of 58 Posts