The Horse Forum banner

It only mostly sucked 馃槀

1679 Views 27 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  Dancing Arab
Hi all, I finally drew a horse that I鈥檓 somewhat proud of (ish). I was wondering if y鈥檃ll could critique it? The proportions seem off to me- I spent forever working on them but I think his body is too long and his legs are too short. And maybe his ears are too big? I feel like the barrel could use more shading but I鈥檓 not sure exactly what to do there. And his right hind hoof might be too small. Thank y鈥檃ll :)
Painting Art Tail Drawing Illustration
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

Banned
2011 bay Arab gelding (Galeno)
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I鈥檓 actually not sure what he is. I drew him from a dressage teaching book and it didn鈥檛 say. I can post the original pic after, but the horse鈥檚 name is Ribery
@20190134 here was the original photo, if that helps. Sorry it鈥檚 so blurry; my camera isn鈥檛 working well today apparently:(
Organism Adaptation Poster Recreation Working animal

Premium Member
The legs on the horse you drew do match the legs on the photo. You did a great job!

Reactions: Ruth McClure

Banned
Discussion Starter · #24 ·

Banned
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
You鈥檙e remarkably talented! Yes his limbs are a bit short coupled but if you hadn鈥檛 said anything I don鈥檛 even think many people would notice!
You're too kind; thank you so much :)

Reactions: Sombrablu

Registered
I don鈥檛 have a horse because I am broke currently
Hi all, I finally drew a horse that I鈥檓 somewhat proud of (ish). I was wondering if y鈥檃ll could critique it? The proportions seem off to me- I spent forever working on them but I think his body is too long and his legs are too short. And maybe his ears are too big? I feel like the barrel could use more shading but I鈥檓 not sure exactly what to do there. And his right hind hoof might be too small. Thank y鈥檃ll :)
View attachment 1127600
[/QUOT
I鈥檓 actually not sure what he is. I drew him from a dressage teaching book and it didn鈥檛 say. I can post the original pic after, but the horse鈥檚 name is Ribery
View attachment 1127600
I really love this drawing! The shading is soft but effective, and the muscle tone on the neck is very well done! I do agree with most of the critiques saying that he has short legs for his body, but there isn鈥檛 much to be said about this art aside from how great it looks! Well done! 馃憦馃憦馃憦

Banned
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I really love this drawing! The shading is soft but effective, and the muscle tone on the neck is very well done! I do agree with most of the critiques saying that he has short legs for his body, but there isn鈥檛 much to be said about this art aside from how great it looks! Well done! 馃憦馃憦馃憦
You鈥檙e too kind! Thank you so much

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.