The Horse Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
My horse takes the tablets. I didn't even realize they made powder. That actually seems better to me. Hope it doesn't taste too bad!
How long did it take for meds to kick in and help stop the itching? I gave him a medicated bath yesterday he was going crazy with the itching.

Today the bugs came out full force the flies are just horrible. He was covered head to toe in them,so he's in the barn till after 10pm. Hot & humid 90 degrees 87% humidity. Apparently it's to hot for mosquitoes not one to be seen today.

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Update not seeing much improvement been on hydroxyzine now going on 9 days. Probably doesn't help bugs are really bad. Hot humid big storms roll through, cools of for a day or so then back to hot humid.

Hot humid tomorrow then severe storms once again. Takes down power lines trees an power outages for days.

Mosquitoes are swarming, flies that bite are thick ,horse flies are swarming. So ice is being eaten alive every night. I fly spray him down before turnout every night.

Have bug zappers going near corrals millions of dead mosquitoes every morning. Doesn't seem to be cutting down on mosquito population.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts