The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Born this morning, looks to be a tri colored paint filly. Momma is a buckskin/grey QH mare AQHA- lastchancepocococo Daddy- EZMOVIN king amigo A black and white homozygous APHA stud. Both can be found on all breed pedigree not sure what to call this little one yet, wanted her on valentines day but at least she's happy and healthy!!! Photos to come.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Yay!! Congrats!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
Texas - Brown based foals can be born quite dark. Plus the foal is still wet so makes it even darker. I would't rue out grey, but would need to see a dry pic of the foal.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Awww very cute... I didn't notice the cat till reading the comments, gave me my morning chuckle lol.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Oh I love that dark face!! I want a tri-colored paint baby!! One of my dream horses. :) My Arab/paint didn't get his mama's pretty color.

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
I agree with NdAppy. The common usage of "tricolor" is actually a bay or brown tobiano. This filly looks brown tobiano to me. A legitimate tricolored horse is very rare and is usually caused by chimerism (two sets of DNA in one animal).

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Adorable -congrats

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
I'd clip some fur around the babies eyes to see if there's any grey under there. If not, I'm going to vote brown tobi. Haven't seen a pic of mom, buckskin/grey doesn't make sense to me, she's either buckskin or she's grey???

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.