The Horse Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will try NOT to make this a novel haha.
Today was Evo's first ride since Nov. I shattered my leg last March (not on him) so I couldn't ride him, but I have a friend who does. She's been busy, but we're back in action again. So proud of my man, did everything he was asked to and more :D
And... I sat up on him for the first time in over a year! So thrilled that I had to share some pics!

Please NO critique on the rider. Although I have permission to use photos I take with her on my horses, she prefers not to get critiqued unless she asks for it :D

First warming up trot

I asked Evo if he was happy, his cheesy grin was his answer...

And me on Evo... please no ill comments about my choice of footing. I know the risks, I know not to do it, but I still have not bought myself new boots, since they got cut off my leg... I'm not really riding atm, so please it was my choice to get up on him in sneakers. Respect this.

Cheeky toad blocking me out :lol: He's on uneven ground btw.

Thanks for taking a look!

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
looking great! glad you are able to ride again :)

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
I'm glad you have the confidence to get on again, as well as seeing that your fellow is getting some saddle time. You all look great. He is a big boy isn't he :lol:

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
What a GORGEOUS horse. wow! so glad you were able to hop on him for a bit!

I don't consider this a critique but ignore me if I am critiquing :D I noticed that the figure eight is a bit low for my liking. I like to put it up more on their nose rather than the lower bridge. Just what I noticed :D

·
Registered
406 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about your injury and I hope you heal up quickly, it must be great knowing that you have a good friend to exercise your handsome boy for you.

You two make a great match though and I hope to see some pictures of you riding him as soon as possible. :D

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
The second to the last photo says it all! Look at the smile on your face! Bravo to you for getting up after such an injury (even though it wasn't on him) . Best of luck to you , keep up the good work.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone for your kind words. :D
I didn't mention the sad reality about Evo and I... he's actually for sale. His movement is very expressive (well to me haha and all those who ride him), and I was struggling to keep up with his trot before shattering my leg - there is no hope for us now. I have a more suited mare who I am getting back into riding since the fall from her, and her movement (not to mention height) is suitable - Evo's is not. It breaks my heart to have to sell him, but he's too talented to just waste away in my paddock, as he loves being ridden, as you can tell in the pictures. So there won't probably be any photos of myself riding him in the near future, maybe I'll get a plod or two on him, but I don't forsee it being a regular event :cry:

Vida, he certainly is huge :lol: I actually felt better on him than my mare atm, esp dismounting as I have to land on one leg and I had more time to adjust from his height than with my 15hh mare. A shame his long movement means I have to give him up.

eventerdrew and barnprincess, you're both correct. I'm not sure why it's so low, I can't remember changing the height in awhile... but the next time I'm out I will be pulling it up a hole or two!

Paintedhooves, thank you for saying we match, I just wished we did. But I've accepted the reality we look good aesthetically but not practicably. He's going to make some person an amazing mount.

And just to show the wee mare who I'll be learning how to ride on again, here's me and my Honey on our third ride back in the saddle in Jan. I had another incident with my leg after this ride, so I've only ridden once since. I hope to get back into riding her tomorrow!

You'll have to excuse practically everything about me, I'm so rusty :lol: And she's a wee porker from having a great spring and summer :wink:

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
aww sad that you're selling him. I'm in the middle of selling my mare right now too. I know how much it sucks :(

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
eventerdrew, it is a hard process, but one that has to be done, for the horse. Although I'm sure Evo will tell you otherwise. He's a huge ol' Mumma's boy and if he can't get cuddles and love from me, he throws hissy fits. Big goof.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.