The Horse Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, its been almost 2 months since I've had my IUD. I'm wonder if anyone else has one?
I LOVE the fact of not having to worry about pregnancy, plus my periods should completely stop within the year (hopefully). When I first got it I had bloating, nearly crippling stomach cramps and my last period lasted for 12 days! :evil: That was the first period I had since the IUD and now I have the constant brown sludge sh*t that comes out when I'm not on my period. I've done research and apparently its completely normal for those with IUD's but OMFG its disgusting beyond belief. It has no odor but it seriously makes me self-conscious. I have to wear tampons 24/7 juuuust in case and I keep putting off sleeping with the boyfriend because of it. I haven't told him why because..well..seriously it grosses me out, I really don't want to gross my boyfriend out. I'm just wondering if anyone else had any issues with them?

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
Apparently it's "normal" I don't have an IUD, but I am on a form of the pill with the same chemical. I'll go 3 months with no period and then have a 3 week on/off period. It's all brownish and gross too. :-( Ick. Sorry I can't help.

·
Banned
12,825 Posts
Have you talked to your doctor about it? I am guessing they can give you a good outline of when to expect the spotting to stop.

And I am with you on the spotting being a total pain!

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
Spotting totally sucks! I have never had an IUD, but a friend of mine did and since the doctor who placed it placed it wrong, she had to have it surgically removed... not fun.

The BC I am on has all but killed my period, but I do spot every now and then, nothing more... It is still disgusting though. I thought about getting an IUD, don't you have to have had a child first? I wonder if I could have one after having Cryotherapy on my cervix?? hmmm, makes me think eh...

Anyhoo, talk to your doctor about it, he should be able to answer any questions you have and give an estimate of how long you can expect to have this...

·
Banned
12,825 Posts
Another point you should probably bring up with your doctor is the wearing tampons 24/7. It is not really good for you to use them even when there is no flow.

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
Another point you should probably bring up with your doctor is the wearing tampons 24/7. It is not really good for you to use them even when there is no flow.
I agree, that could lead to a bad bacterial infection...

·
Registered
594 Posts
I had an IUD but mine was not the plastic progesterone version, it was the copper version.

I had regular periods because there was no hormones to change them, so I didn't have to deal with the discharge issue.

After Baby Q arrives, I will get a copper IUD placed again. The copper irritates the lining of the uterus enough so that an egg cannot implant, whereas the plastic IUD treats your body as if it were pregnant. I'm really not into the hormone form of birth control and we were able to prevent by natural family planning, condoms and for a few months, the copper IUD. We prevented for six years before trying to become pregnant in those ways.

My only complaint about the IUD? Having to check for the string! Haha!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts