The Horse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have gotten really discouraged lately from entering photo contests and then never having them be finished.That being said, I have decided to use my photography business(Bear Paw Photography), to sponsor a monthly photo contest.

Each month there will be a different theme that you may enter a picture in. The winners will be chosen by me based on photo composition & subject matter.

JANUARY'S THEME: BEST EQUINE EYE PHOTO
Deadline: Jan 31st

Here's what you need to know:

Rules
-You may enter 1 photo per month. Anyone who enters more than one will be judged only on their first entry.
-You MUST have taken the photo yourself, unless it is a contest that involves you on your horse
-You may enter edited pictures but they must have been edited by you
-I reserve the right to PM any member and ask them why they feel a certain picture fits that months contest.
-Please do not use links! The actual picture needs to be on this thread!

Length & Deadline

-The next months contest will be posted sometime in the last week of the current month. Entries may begin as soon as the contest is posted.
-All entries MUST be posted by MIDNIGHT CST on the last day of the month. Anything received after that will not be judged.
-Winners will be announced within one week of the contests end.

Awards
-All first, second & third place winners will receive a printed award that is suitable for framing.
-Winners will be PMed to find out what name(either real name or forum name) you would like on the awards.
-Occasionally there will be other prizes available to the winners. Any of that information will be posted at that months contest page.
-Please give me until the following month to get your awards mailed out(If you win the Jan contest, please give until the end of Feb to get your award).
-I can either mail you a hard copy of the award, or scan and email you a copy of it...it's up to you! :-D

***Any questions or comments? Please PM me***

·
Registered
96 Posts
I'm glad you chose this theme to start with. I think that there is nothing better than a beautiful eye shot! Here is mine of Bella. I took many before I was lucky enough to get this one. I have this in large print framed on my wall. (An award would look nice hanging beside it:wink:) LOL

·
Registered
7,738 Posts
Here's my favorite eye picture so far!

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Heres one I took yesterday of Smokey Joe's eye.

·
Banned
43 Posts
I'll try to get some pictures of my horses eye today! I'll be out in the pasture for over an hour lol.I'll take the eye picture from one of my prettiest show horses (bubba).

Thanks!
Taylor

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Here is mine :)

What a good idea for a contest :)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
^ oh my gosh! is that a FLY in the pic? i love it!!! thats a really cool picture!

1 - 20 of 91 Posts