The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am seeing more and more ladies wearing blue jeans under their chaps in Breed Shows / World Championships. Is anybody else seeing this? What are your thoughts? It seems a little odd to see someone wearing this gorgeous show shirt or jacket that cost thousands along with their jeans.

·
Registered
872 Posts
I only have shown open level at western, but I just show in blue jeans. I perfer my skinny jeans (that arent skin tight), but I love my Wranglers too. ;]

·
Registered
452 Posts
I doubt you will see jeans under chaps at the World-level shows. I do see some jeans under chaps at weekend breed shows. Nothing wrong with it - it's still appropriate attire according to the rule book. But at the biggers shows people will dress in their best.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I doubt you will see jeans under chaps at the World-level shows. I do see some jeans under chaps at weekend breed shows. Nothing wrong with it - it's still appropriate attire according to the rule book. But at the biggers shows people will dress in their best.

Where I first noticed this was at the APHA World Show in Ft. Worth this past November. It was in every Western Pleasure class I watched, including the finals. There were several in Trail also in jeans. After the APHA Worlds, I saw it at the Ft. Worth Stock Show in the APHA and AQHA classes. I don't ever remember seeing it in the past, but I can't say I was looking for it.

·
Registered
496 Posts
i dont know about western pleasure but in the gaited classes everyone wears jeans around here. i think its just fine.

·
Registered
22,320 Posts
What else would you wear besides jeans? just curious.
That's kinda what I am wondering. I can understand not wearing blue jeans but I would imagine that most people wear jeans that are color coordinated to the rest of the outfit. Though I may be wrong. What exactly do you wear?

·
Registered
675 Posts
That's kinda what I am wondering. I can understand not wearing blue jeans but I would imagine that most people wear jeans that are color coordinated to the rest of the outfit. Though I may be wrong. What exactly do you wear?
Thats what Im thinking. Maybe they mean...nude? :oops: Lets hope those chaps dont come off easy.

·
Registered
22,320 Posts
OMG, I just had that scene from Son In Law with Pauly Shore, where he walks back into the dressing room and his butt is hanging out. LOL. Sorry off topic but I just had to share my random thought.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I've seen it, and I personally don't like it. If you're wearing black chaps, at least wear black jeans. If I was a judge at Worlds, I'd think they were a fool.
Part of WP, is having a co-ordinated outfit and blue jeans and black chaps really aren't acceptable at that level.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Where I first noticed this was at the APHA World Show in Ft. Worth this past November. It was in every Western Pleasure class I watched, including the finals. There were several in Trail also in jeans. After the APHA Worlds, I saw it at the Ft. Worth Stock Show in the APHA and AQHA classes. I don't ever remember seeing it in the past, but I can't say I was looking for it.
You see more men wearing blue jeans under their chaps, mostly the trainers:
https://proofs.kcmontgomery.com/index.php/proofs/select/TABNW9HD59.SRWTPL

But all the ladies wear pants that match the color of their chaps:
https://proofs.kcmontgomery.com/index.php/proofs/select/KZ9X5JAZFP.CLAJWP

https://proofs.kcmontgomery.com/index.php/proofs/select/GM84AO8DIG.NAMWPL

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What else would you wear besides jeans? just curious.
Traditionally in Western Pleasure, female riders will wear pants that match the color of their chaps. It can be colored denim and is often poly-blend slacks, but it has always matched the chap color. I was very surprised to see ladies wearing blue jeans with black chaps this November in the Worlds and wasn't sure if this was a new trend ??? Every class had at least 3 women in blue jeans.......I agree with Gidgi, not sure I like it.

·
Registered
851 Posts
That's a HUGE pet-peeve of mine; wearing jeans that don't match the chap colour. Drives me nuts. The exception is in NCHA and NRHA shows where it's the norm to wear regular Wranglers and chaps. The first year I showed pleasure my trainer said it was fine to wear jeans, so long as they matched chap and hat. Later on I had show pants fitted for me that matched exactly.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.