The Horse Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
The main place I chafe is my inner thighs and lower butt. I hate rump rash after a long ride. :lol:
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
8,220 Posts
lol sunny - my best friend, when I wore panties, was my trusted ol' diaper rash cream :) LOL, how sad!

You know what gets me now....this is probobly TMI - but I shave...down there.....and when the hair starts to grow back....and when I am riding, my breeches rubs against the hair grain...and it hurts.....lol *smacks forhead I can't believe I told you all that* any cures for that?

Jenn - Dawn is coming out to Lou Don Monday to do a Saddle Fit for Nelson :) I am super excited about her coming out! You should come out too, I'd love to meet you!

That is - if I am feeling better. I woke up this morning quite sick - horrible headache with dizzyness, fever of 100.9, and a horrible sore throat. I am missing work tomorrow - which sucks because I cannot afford it..:/

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
It's the same for me, MI. Like, the two-days-after-shaving-stubble that can be oh-so-painful. :lol:
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
MI Thats funny, but now that I think about it that could've been why I had trouble last time too.
What time is Dawn coming out that would be neat and the funny thing is I asked Tanya about treeless saddles and she suggested Dawn to me to ask. What time? I might buzz over, I've never been to Lou Dons would I just come in the main barn and look for you?
Hope you feel better, just post a message on this link I'll keep checking.

·
Registered
8,220 Posts
She will be at Lou Don tomorrow night, between 6:00-6:15pm. I get out of work at 5:00pm and it takes me about 1/2 hour to get to the barn. I don't get home from work until about 5:20pm. So as soon as I get changed into my riding clothes, I head out - and it is about a 1/2 hour drive to get there, so I don't get to Lou Don until about 6:05pm.

Just go into the main barn, and you'll find me :)

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I think I must be numb from the waist down or something because I never ever chafe or get sore, and often in the summer I ride in teeny tiny spandex shorts and leather chaps over them.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
I've noticed when I ride western I never have a problem, but when I ride hunter... oooh. Lol maybe because in western I ride more on my butt?

Anyway, it just depends on what panties I wear. I have only a few pairs I will ride hunter in. Maybe it depends on where seams are and such.

MIE - I know exactly what you're talking about... the rubbing against the hair? That happens sometimes even when I'm not riding lol. I'm curious to know if there's anything that solves it other than just not shaving? Haha.

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Eliz, it's usually the opposite for me. Western gives me more problems than English, usually. Western is where I get the rump rash. :lol:
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Super Moderator
22,542 Posts
Blah... I ride English with jeans that have THICK seams in inner thighs/ around woman area and don't get chafes despite of that, most of times, even of course it happens every now and then. Depends on a saddle and how I sit up there. Earlier I tended to get those all time and that was pretty painful. Anyways, I don't know what happened and why I don't get them anymore. May I learned to sit on my butt instead of other parts of my body?

Or then it's because I don't shave, just trim? Gives you kind of more air down there and not so close contact with a saddle.

Anyways, those pants sounds interesting.. But how about a diaper? Or a pillow? Would them make the same trick :wink:?

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I very very rarely for proper bum covering panties when riding and when i do the elstic slices me bare!! I wear barely anyhitng there and its ok except when i get some regrowth then movement seems to hurt!
Dunno would i bother buying jelly pants though!

41 - 54 of 54 Posts