The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I found a job listing on my local craigslist that one of my friends (who worked, or works, I'm not entirely sure, at this place) recommended I apply for a few months ago. And now the job is back and I'm thinking about applying. I'm totally qualified, I worked at a dog and cat boarding kennel for 2 years doing basically the same thing.

Only problem: in the ad it says "This position is part-time permanent and requires working on holidays. Work schedule is M – F, from approximately 6:30 am – 8:30 am depending on number of guests in our facility."

Well, I have a class, 3 days a week, at 9am. Other than that I would be perfect for this job and this job sounds like it'd be perfect for me. >.<
Should I apply anyway? Maybe I should talk to my friend? But she's not really a friend, more of an acquaintance, and what if she tells them that i used to complain about my other kennel job when I had it? Because we'd commiserate about our lame kennel jobs together in high school...

Help? =)

Here's a link to the ad if anyone wants to take a look at it:

Kennel Attendant - Rose City Veterinary Hospital

·
Super Moderator
22,681 Posts
I've been told that it's good to apply even you don't fill all the requisitions.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
How long would it take you to get from the kennel to your school? If it's less than half an hour, I'd definitely apply. A lot of jobs would be willing to adjust hours a bit to allow for their staff to go to school - especially if you were willing to go in a little bit early.
I wouldn't worry about the girl - after all, you did say she suggested that you apply there! I doubt she'd badmouth you about it, if you guys are close enough to complain together, you're probably close enough to enjoy working together.
Good luck if you do decide to apply! :)

·
Registered
7,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How long would it take you to get from the kennel to your school? If it's less than half an hour, I'd definitely apply. A lot of jobs would be willing to adjust hours a bit to allow for their staff to go to school - especially if you were willing to go in a little bit early.
Yeah, it would be 45 minutes to half an hour to get from there to school, at "rush hour". >.<

I think I'm going to apply. I need the money and it can't hurt! haha

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
So I found a job listing on my local craigslist that one of my friends (who worked, or works, I'm not entirely sure, at this place) recommended I apply for a few months ago. And now the job is back and I'm thinking about applying. I'm totally qualified, I worked at a dog and cat boarding kennel for 2 years doing basically the same thing.

Only problem: in the ad it says "This position is part-time permanent and requires working on holidays. Work schedule is M – F, from approximately 6:30 am – 8:30 am depending on number of guests in our facility."

Well, I have a class, 3 days a week, at 9am. Other than that I would be perfect for this job and this job sounds like it'd be perfect for me. >.<
Should I apply anyway? Maybe I should talk to my friend? But she's not really a friend, more of an acquaintance, and what if she tells them that i used to complain about my other kennel job when I had it? Because we'd commiserate about our lame kennel jobs together in high school...

Help? =)

Here's a link to the ad if anyone wants to take a look at it:

Kennel Attendant - Rose City Veterinary Hospital
Youhave nothing to lose by applying so do it! you never know what age group they are trying to get for this position. You might end being THE person they are looking for.

DO IT!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.