The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jobs in the equine industry?

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  DancingArabian 
#1 ·
I am currently a senior in high school (3.5gpa, 30 act, top 30% of my class) and as you might guess, college has been weighing super heavily on my mind. I love horses, I've been around them for about 10years now and I would really love to make a career with them. I would love to be a vet that specializes in either equine lameness or equine chiropractics. The only problem is I don't think I have the grades to get me into vet school and I'm not so keen on the idea of paying back student loans until I die. Is it possible to become an equine chiropractor without going to vet school? We talked to a professor at Murray State University who said that it was possible but didn't elaborate, so any idea how you would go about doing it? Another idea that I've had is to be an equine assisted psycho/physical therapist. Anybody have any information on this career path? I figured for that I would get my degree in equine business management with a minor in psychology (as far as psycho goes, not sure what I'd do for physical). Thanks for any help you guys can give me (or new ideas??) :)

#3 ·
Yes there are ways but there's a catch. Some states won't allow you to practice certain things without a prescription from a vet so you'd have to either make connections or advertise as a horse groomer and hope no one snitches.

For example, my horse's cranial-sacral body worker has to do just that in Texas. However when she comes to Maryland she can advertise openly as a bodyworker.

Google different terms like equine chiropractor, equine massage or whatever else you're interested in and you'll find the programs.
Posted via Mobile Device

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.