The Horse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:) Sorry about the part where the camera goes limp... the person filming fell off the stool :p lol. and the part where the horse doesn't trot with me? yeah, he was tired :) sorry. haha.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Yeah it is Joining up :) Thanks. He is a new horse and ever since we did this, he has trusted us with anything. He was a spooked horse. He would freak out at anything, wouldnt let us ride him, wouldnt let us groom him and now after we joined up- he lets us do all that and more. so i dont know about you- but if that WASNT joining up? Then you tell me what the heck it is because we tried EVERYTHING to earn his trust at first but then I had someone teach me to Join up and now he trusts me.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Umm, all I really saw was someone chasing after a horse to drive him away and then have him walk up to you and follow. I'm sorry but that is not the join-up I'm familar with. Monty Roberts is the join-up I was thinking of. You should watch some of his videos on you-tube and compare. :D

·
Registered
886 Posts
here is an absolutely AMAZING and BEAUTIFUL join up

way different from what youre doing.

and if your horse is spooky like you say, this is what you want to be doing.

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
really? because at the beginning you tapped him with the whip and had to push him to get him to move.... he looked so spooked there.... *insert sarcasm*
thats exactly what i was thinking...

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
glad i wasnt the only one who noticed that....
haha well i have a horse that was really afraid of people & everything & if i had chased him like that when i first got him, he probably would have kicked me, not trotted around lazily.....just saying

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
Im glad you guys said it, I wanted to but knew she would respond exactly as she did...

·
Registered
204 Posts
I agree with you all in every way, but I feel like you might being a little harsh in your comments. I'm mean she was just showing us a video she made and now it "lets talk crap about how her video is wrong". I mean Yeah its not join up video per-say but she looks young and she gave it a try. I dont know thats just me.

·
Registered
886 Posts
there is also no need to lie and say this "join up" completely fixed your horse who couldnt even be groomed... when obviously, he wasnt as skittish (if he really was at all) as she said.

·
Registered
69 Posts
^^^Maybe she is an inexperienced equestrian, and doesn't know the proper meaning of a join up. Its not really her fault guys,

1 - 20 of 31 Posts