The Horse Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my QH mare (she’s the sorrel) I’ve had her for a few years and I’m really iterated on what others think about her (I know the pictures are good to tell conformation)

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
You need better pics for us to tell how she really looks. Preferably her standing on a flat surface.
<- Like this

·
Registered
7,055 Posts
If you want people to say she is pretty, these would be the pics to use.
If you want people to be able to tell you what they think of her conformation, you must use different pictures.

1. Horse from the side on a flat hard surface that shows the hoofs, like blacktop. Not at an angle. Not with a distracting background. Not with a leg cocked. Not grazing. Not with tack or a rider. Head and neck in a line with the body.

2. Horse from the front. All the NOTS from #1. Straight on.

3. Horse from the rear. Same. Braid, bandage, or tie up the tail.

You are not alone in thinking that any photos are "sort of good enough". However, they are not.

·
Banned
1,703 Posts
This is my QH mare (she’s the sorrel) I’ve had her for a few years and I’m really iterated on what others think about her (I know the pictures are good to tell conformation) View attachment 1109514 View attachment 1109515 View attachment 1109516 View attachment 1109518
The second picture and the 4th are the only ones that gives us any idea of her conformation. Would prefer more conformation style pics. She’s pretty, and I think she is a nicely balanced QH from what I can see, but her back legs do turn at the hock in the last pic... it could just be how she chose to stand in the moment. Would like to see more pics.

Here is an example of pic angles and lighting you can use to judge conformation.
(Preferably, all pictures should be with the horse unsaddled, but it isn’t the end of the world if they’re saddled for the front and back end pics imo because those are mostly to see the legs, and IMO it’s also ok if those pictures are slightly at an angle. It’s also best you get the horse as square as possible in the portion of their body you are looking at, or better yet all over, for the pics, but I currently lack an image from behind like that. For best judgement, horse would need to be perfectly square and not saddled in all pics, and all pics would need to be dead on the side/front/back)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The second picture and the 4th are the only ones that gives us any idea of her conformation. Would prefer more conformation style pics. She’s pretty, and I think she is a nicely balanced QH from what I can see, but her back legs do turn at the hock in the last pic... it could just be how she chose to stand in the moment. Would like to see more pics.

Here is an example of pic angles and lighting you can use to judge conformation.
(Preferably, all pictures should be with the horse unsaddled, but it isn’t the end of the world if they’re saddled for the front and back end pics imo because those are mostly to see the legs, and IMO it’s also ok if those pictures are slightly at an angle. It’s also best you get the horse as square as possible in the portion of their body you are looking at, or better yet all over, for the pics, but I currently lack an image from behind like that. For best judgement, horse would need to be perfectly square and not saddled in all pics, and all pics would need to be dead on the side/front/back)
View attachment 1109532
View attachment 1109533 View attachment 1109534 View attachment 1109538
I’m going to try to take some tomorrow just haven’t had time. I don’t even know what I was trying to accomplish by posting those 🤣

·
Banned
1,703 Posts
I’m going to try to take some tomorrow just haven’t had time. I don’t even know what I was trying to accomplish by posting those 🤣
LOL no worries, We’ll be happy to see them! I get it, sometimes you get an idea of something to ask and you just wanna go ahead and ask it, it’s okay!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts